Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
westner
Roku Guru

Re: Let's Have a User-Friendly Live TV Channel Guide Again

Jump to solution

"It is not truly ridiculous to want something better. At this point, I would like something that just works and does not change on a daily or weekly event"

@rodger3876, you truly are a rookie. We had a fully functional and "User-Friendly" Live TV Channel Guide many moons ago until someone at Roku decided to screw with us. At first, many of us stood up and pointed out to Roku how wrong they were, but Roku didn't listen. We ranted and raved and soon our numbers dwindled to fewer than a dozen. Those of us that gave up were tired of the lack of a positive response from Roku.

So the few of us that remain on this thread visit here periodically just to document how Roku continues to make the Roku viewing experience more and more unbearable.

Welcome to the club!

rodger3876
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thanks, I will be a proud member. I have had Roku from the beginning But my slow, No Internet kept me from enjoying Roku along with other services. It is only in the last 4 years that I have been able to bring somewhat fast internet to my Home. 

0 Kudos
Zonexero
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I can understand a bit of re-ordering the channel numbers, some are very much out of place with the content of the channel.  I am just hoping they add more television series show channels similar to PlutoTV which has Star Trek, Stargate, and some other great shows from the past.

0 Kudos
cwcheese
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

PlutoTV has a nice categorical arrangement for their channels and the favorite system is straightforward; for Roku to match Pluto content wise is a challenge since Pluto is owned by Paramount so they get first dibs on the libraries controlled by Paramount. Roku would have to license those and generate enough ad revenue to cover. Pretty much the same as Hulu & Disney.

don't call me expert, just a long time Roku user that seen a lot of things
westner
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Zonexeroare you saying that your Live TV Channel Guide still shows channel numbers for their streaming channels? Am I the only one of a group that is part of this insane experiment? If it weren't for my 'Favorites' list, I would never find the channels I would want to watch because they not only removed channel numbers but they also changed their order.

Talk about insanity!

StevenCee
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Zonexero  Yes, mine still have channel numbers, it's crazy that yours & likely others, have none! What are these programmers trying to do, drive all their users to the point of abandoning Roku completely?

0 Kudos
westner
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Zonexero  Whew! So I'm part of a crazy Beta Test. I'm glad that the rest of you are not exposed to it. I wonder how they're going to gather their yea or nay data.

C'mon Roku pile it on. You've inured me to take any c**p from your programmers.

0 Kudos
Zonexero
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

When they do these nonsense changes, be sure to let them know it is degrading the experience and an unwanted change, I know they listened when they tested the input sources 'folder' thing and people spoke up on that thread.

0 Kudos
westner
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Zonexero  When have they ever listened? I'll just let them play with this thing until they realize that a Guide without channel numbers is not only super confusing but makes the Guide even more useless.

Too bad we can't boycott Roku like the consumers did to Bud Light.

Zonexero
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I think there is certain things they are set on changing and others that they are just 'testing', let's hope this was only a test!   There is no need to remove the channel numbers from the streaming channels imo.

0 Kudos