Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ByeRokoo

Re: Let's Have a User-Friendly Live TV Channel Guide Again

Jump to solution

So just wasted my time with "Chat". All of a sudden the Live TV Guide app is showing 8 hrs ahead of the real time. This started yesterday and I have done all the steps asked by moderators in all the threads. The Chat even had do the same steps. They then come back and say there system is fine and that I need to take it up with the Antenna. Antenna? Seriously? I told them that I doubt that everyone is using the same Antenna brand so it is a Roku coding issue. They politely told me too bad.

Guess its time for Google TV. Goodbye Roku. Anyone want to buy a 50" Hisense Roku TV?

0 Kudos
westner
Roku Guru

Re: Let's Have a User-Friendly Live TV Channel Guide Again

Jump to solution

@ByeRokoo don't sell your 50" Hisense Roku TV yet. I have a 55" TCL Roku TV and I got fed up with Roku too; but my solution was to buy a Google Chromecast dongle with Google TV 4K for about $45, shipped. The HD version sells for less than $30. It has over 1,000 free channels, most are the same as found on Roku, but you can always subscribe to a plethora of premium channels. You can also create a "Favorites" category, where only the channels you regularly watch are listed (and it's the Top Category). There are several drawbacks: (1) the channels aren't numbered, (2) so far I haven't figured out how to include my over-the-air antenna channels, (3) the included remote is even more minimalist then the Roku remote but it does have voice capabilities (Google Assistant).

With all the drawbacks, I'm elated with this gadget. It connects to my Google Home and allows me to cast my computer or phone screen to the TV. My mood has been elevated and for some reason my neuropathy pain decreased dramatically since I installed it this Monday. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.