Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
westner
Roku Guru

Re: Let's Have a User-Friendly Live TV Channel Guide Again

Jump to solution

@cwcheeseDon't get me started with Google mail. I use it because I need an alternative to Yahoo Mail. Google mail makes you jump through hoops just to use their service. I'll leave it at that because I'll start ranting just as I did when Roku first started making those inane changes to a perfectly functional Live TV Channel Guide.

0 Kudos
rodger3876
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have noticed when Roku TV (Hisense) is first turned on, Time & Guide is what it was when I turned it off. It takes a few channel changes before Time becomes current and Guide becomes current but Guide still never fills in information on some same local channels. I have tested the Guide fill-in by taking the TV off the internet and the Guide for local channels fills in completely and the channel switching seems to be quicker and less laggy. 

For me with the Guide. Just give me All Channels or Favorites. 

Zonexero
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Roku employees! Time to update station logos for…

WTOG 44.1 Tampa Bay

Catchy TV 44.5 Tampa Bay

LX 49.3 Tampa Bay

Get TV 50.3 Tampa Bay

just fix the stuff that is broke like we said, we ARE the people that keep your product going! And please fix the issue with with live tv guide defaulting to catagories area, we dont want extra button pushes, stupid!

0 Kudos
Hammer957
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Agree, ...this has just getting so painful. One persons opinion here, but turn the tv on in the morning, should start at the same channel I left last night(ota for me...), .....and at the correct time (still a problem, (ota/streaming....?). One click left should show current channel, still showing in the background, but take me to my 'Favorite' guide list, a few clicks up or down for on alternative.... a double left click gets me to full 'live tv guide,...all, recent, and recommended, ,,,,last two..worthless(get rid of).  If I'm then watching a show, one left click, back to my 'Fav. list', make a change if desired, ...or double click to 'all category', and search. Bonus would be.....make a * click,.....auto. change to previous channel, no guide junk, straight to previous channel ...done.

0 Kudos
StevenCee
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

And why have a "Recents" category, when I don't find even the most recent stations I was watching, and do find several that I've never watched!  As for the "Recommended", have no clue how their algorithms pick the shows they do, most have nothing in common with shows I may often watch.
And please, ROKU, why is so hard to simply print a monthly Master Channel List??  Really...

0 Kudos
westner
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

They have finally reached the level of utter madness. This week they removed the channel numbers from their streaming channels! Unbelievable but true. How could the head of this project have approved this?

They are definitely messing with their base and it will come back to bite them. 😠

0 Kudos
rodger3876
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

None of this makes sense. It is almost like the system has been abandoned. It will not surprise me to come home and see nothing.

0 Kudos
Zonexero
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

That is truly ridiculous.  Nothing has changed on mine, possibly a beta test?  I know they have been randomly testing new downgrades with various customers.  Most of them purely bonkers....

- "categories" quick guide = useless

- putting all the inputs in to folder = useless

- search bar on home screen = useless

- removing numbers from streaming channels = again, useless

westner
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Zonexero I hope I'm only one of the few unfortunate clients who is subjected to this inane experiment. I can take it!

Now I noticed they added channels and changed the order of their (previously numbered) streaming channels. Why? Why? Why?

rodger3876
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

It is not truly ridiculous to want something better. At this point, I would like something that just works and does not change on a daily or weekly event