Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AhmedE
Binge Watcher

Is it possible to have two seperate Roku TVs registered on my profile?

Jump to solution

My current TV, a TCL 43S435 is currently at the store where I originally purchased it undergoing repairs. I purchased a 5-year service plan with the TV when I bought it back in 2021 and a few days ago, it's coax port broke off. Since the TV was still under it's service plan, I can get it repaired for free.

However, I have recently started conscidering eventually buying a new TV for my own room and giving the older one to my parents. Naturally I would want to register the new TV under my profile and also preffer to keep the older one on my profile too. Can I have more than one TV on my profile?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Is it possible to have two seperate Roku TVs registered on my profile?

Jump to solution

Hi @AhmedE,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community!

We understand that you are inquiring about linking multiple devices to your current Roku account, is that correct?

Yes, you can link multiple Roku devices to a single Roku account, the channels and purchases will be the same on each device. When a channel is added or removed on one device, the channel is automatically added or removed on all devices linked to that account that support the channel.

For full information on this, you can take a look at this link: How to add a Roku® streaming device to your Roku account | Official Roku Support

We hope you'll find this info useful. Let us know in case you've still got any questions.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @AhmedE,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community!

We understand that you are inquiring about linking multiple devices to your current Roku account, is that correct?

Yes, you can link multiple Roku devices to a single Roku account, the channels and purchases will be the same on each device. When a channel is added or removed on one device, the channel is automatically added or removed on all devices linked to that account that support the channel.

For full information on this, you can take a look at this link: How to add a Roku® streaming device to your Roku account | Official Roku Support

We hope you'll find this info useful. Let us know in case you've still got any questions.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
AhmedE
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Thanks for the Info Mary-F. Judging by the information on the page you linked to, it looks like it would be better off if I set up a second Roku account for my parent's TV. Though we live in the same home, I want the two TVs to be independent of each other. My folks and I have different tastes. I don't want to clutter up their TV's screen with my channels and I don't want mine cluttered up with theirs.

Just out of curiosity, I understand that the two accounts must use different email addresses. Would the second account need to have a different owner name? Would the account have to be under a relative's name or can I also have it under my name?

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @AhmedE,

Thanks for the follow-up inquiry about the Roku account.

For more information about your Roku account, visit our Support page here: What is a Roku account? | Official Roku Support

You may also refer to this link for creating an account for your parents: How to create a Roku account | Official Roku Support

We hope that we have addressed your question appropriately, but reply to this message if the above did not fix your issue, and we will gladly follow up.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@AhmedE wrote:

Just out of curiosity, I understand that the two accounts must use different email addresses. Would the second account need to have a different owner name? Would the account have to be under a relative's name or can I also have it under my name?

Yes to your question about two different email addresses. But beyond that, everything else could be the same. The email address is the only item that separates accounts from each other. But that also means that anything you subscribe to through Roku is only available on Roku devices that are registered to that specific user account. So if you wish to share a subscription on both TVs, the subscription has to be directly with the provider, and not through Roku.

When you live under the same roof as your parents, it's completely permissible to share a subscription with them. Providers like Netflix are now going after users who share a subscription but don't live in the same place. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos