Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sarahjo

In need of a wireless speaker that will not disable the TV speaker

Jump to solution

Are there wireless speakers that I can purchase that will not disable the Roku TV speakers? I need to buy an additional speaker that I can place near an individual who is hard of hearing, but I still want the sound to come through the TV speakers for everyone else. Or is there a way to override the disabling of the TV speaker?

If the TV is turned up so the individual who is hard of hearing can hear it, it is too loud for everyone else in the room. If I could add a wireless speaker that could sit next to this individual and still have the TV speakers for everyone else, this could solve the problem. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: In need of a wireless speaker that will not disable the TV speaker

Jump to solution

Welcome here in the Roku Community, @sarahjo!

We understand that you want to use your Roku TV speaker and soundbar simultaneously, and we're here to assist you with this issue.

Just a heads-up, this feature is not compatible with your Roku TV or soundbar. If you connect the soundbar to the Roku TV, the sound will only play through the soundbar and not from the TV. We suggest using a Roku wireless speaker for a wireless setup, or you can use a wireless speaker by connecting it to your phone and using the Roku mobile app.

Thank you for your understanding and continued participation in our community.

Best regards,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: In need of a wireless speaker that will not disable the TV speaker

Jump to solution

Welcome here in the Roku Community, @sarahjo!

We understand that you want to use your Roku TV speaker and soundbar simultaneously, and we're here to assist you with this issue.

Just a heads-up, this feature is not compatible with your Roku TV or soundbar. If you connect the soundbar to the Roku TV, the sound will only play through the soundbar and not from the TV. We suggest using a Roku wireless speaker for a wireless setup, or you can use a wireless speaker by connecting it to your phone and using the Roku mobile app.

Thank you for your understanding and continued participation in our community.

Best regards,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.