Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MurrayReads
Reel Rookie

IQIYI cannot uninstall app

I cannot remove this app on my Roku TV. I have been having load issues  would like to uninstall. I select the Asterisk on the remote no option to REMOVE. All other apps have the option to remove except IQIYI

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: IQIYI cannot uninstall app

If you are subscribed to something through Roku, the "Remove channel" option is replaced with "Manage subscription".  The only way to remove the channel is to cancel the subscription first.  You will still have access to the subscription until the end of its current term.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Ernie1
Reel Rookie

So how do I follow the trouble shooting steps that always suggest uninstalling and reinstalling an app if the remove option is unavailable?

Frndly_TV_App_Options.jpg

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Ernie1,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, and thanks for getting in touch.

A few things to take note of If you're subscribed directly to Roku, you'll only see options available based on the picture you've provided. In order for you to remove the channel, you must first manage your subscription here at my.roku.com and also need to deactivate the auto-renewal feature. Once you've proceeded, go back to the channel and then press the * option, and you'll be able to see the Remove option.

Let us know if this works for you. Thanks!

Regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
renojim

@Ernie1, you can't remove a channel/app if you currently have a subscription through Roku.  You have to cancel the subscription first.  Once you cancel it at https://my.roku.com or using the "Manage subscription" option the "Remove channel" option should appear.  When you remove it, make sure you restart your Roku device from Settings->System or Settings->System->Power, as appropriate.  Once you install it again, you should have access to the subscription through the end of its current period.

Because of issues like this, most people here would recommend you subscribe directly with the provider and not through Roku.

Ernie1
Reel Rookie

Wow. Never again.. I cancelled my subscription, but the remove option didn't appear. I think I have to wait until the middle of the month when my subscription officially expires.

0 Kudos
renojim

@Ernie1, try restarting your Roku from Settings->System or Settings->System->Power (as appropriate) and see if the remove option shows up.

0 Kudos