Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
warne59

I can't set up my TV please help

I just got a Roku Onn TV and i can't even go past the set up. I can't connect it to WiFi bc it immediately goes into a software update which then proceeds to just load until it eventually says that it can't update and my only options then are to try again or to set up, which are the same thing. I've tried unplugging the TV for 2 minutes and holding down the power button for 2 minutes. I'll admit I'm not that tech savvy and I'm not very patient with this sort of thing bc I get overwhelmed. Any help at all would be so very much appreciated. Thank you

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: I can't set up my TV please help

Hi, @warne59

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for inquiring here, and we would be more than glad to assist. We recommend performing a hard reset on your Roku TV and setting it up once more. 

Kindly follow this step on how to factory reset your Roku TV.

1. Located on the back or bottom of your device, the physical Reset button is either tactile or a pinhole design that requires a straightened paper clip.

2. Once you locate the Reset button and your Roku device is powered on, press and hold the button firmly for about 10 seconds. When the factory reset is complete, an indicator light or status LED will blink rapidly, or a Roku logo will appear on the screen.

Once the factory reset has been completed, kindly set it up once again.

Let us know how this works.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.