Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aanstum

How to set up Roku Element without remote?

Jump to solution

A few days ago the remote for our Roku Element stopped working. It was fine though, I just downloaded and app and connected my phone and was still able to use the TV. A few days later that method stopped working, so I used the button at the bottom of the TV and it was fine. Yesterday, I told my dad what was going on and he reset the TV completely. That led to us having to redo everything without a remote or WiFi connection to the TV. Is there anyway to set up the TV without the remote?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How to set up Roku Element without remote?

Jump to solution

Sorry, no.  You can get a cheap universal remote that supports Roku TVs or Roku now has a simple remote for all Roku TVs (the simple remote for Roku players won't work on TVs), but you must have a physical remote.

Roku TV Remote | Replacement Remote For Roku TV | Roku

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How to set up Roku Element without remote?

Jump to solution

Sorry, no.  You can get a cheap universal remote that supports Roku TVs or Roku now has a simple remote for all Roku TVs (the simple remote for Roku players won't work on TVs), but you must have a physical remote.

Roku TV Remote | Replacement Remote For Roku TV | Roku

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.