Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anon1

Re: Sound Distorted TCL TV

Jump to solution

Restarting the TV works for me.

Press Home button ->Settings->System->Power->System restart 

Orlyd

Jump to solution

So pretty much I had the same problem and it was very annoying. I couldn’t watch anything without hearing garbled distorted talk. What I did was I pressed the star Key Then I clicked volume mode mine was on night Mode and just turned it off and that brought my TV back to normal. Hope this helps you as well

0 Kudos
djsloan73

Jump to solution

i have the same problem Sanyo Smart 65inch i've had amonth.. crackling echo every other day... only fix i found is unplug, wait few sconds and plug back in.. like rebooting a computer...  it's pissing me off,

0 Kudos
soozbon

Jump to solution

Finally after a week of this awful sound this worked. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Jgregory321
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@TheFoodGuy 's fix worked for me also! Thank you!!!

0 Kudos
Dopey1200
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I don't know where this "leveling" option is either.  

0 Kudos
Jgregory321
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@Dopey1200 You have to be actively viewing a program from a streaming network for the menu to give you the option to turn leveling off. Just turn on your any channel so that its playing something. Then press the * key on your remote and you will get the menu options that you need. Turning the leveling mode off worked for my issue. But again, you have to be actively playing something on your TV through a streaming service for the menu to show up. Good luck!

0 Kudos
Jazz-19

Jump to solution

The FOOD GUY has the distorted sound issue solved. Turn off the TV. Then Unplug the TV for about ten seconds. Then turn on the  TV again. Sound is back to normal. May happen again....

0 Kudos
Dopey1200
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

"May happen again..." that's the problem. We shouldn't have to keep unplugging or resetting or whatever to fix it each time. Has anybody called them to see if there is a permanent solution? 

0 Kudos
Jgregory321
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Mine hasn't messed up since I turned the leveling off. 

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.