Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ckflood

How to fix distorted sound on my TCL TV

Jump to solution

Recently, about last week 1/8/2020 my TCL Roku TV has been distorted sounds. It started on the YouTube App and found a post on here about that and to fix it you pause the stream, hit *, unpause, hit *, and shortly the audio returns to normal. Now it is doing this  on all apps and the fix I had been using noted above is not working. It’s a terrible crackling, sounds like an echo, and cuts in/out. Please help! 

5 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
TheFoodGuy
Binge Watcher

Re: How to fix distorted sound on my TCL TV

Jump to solution

I have a similar problem periodically with my TCL Roku TV. The only “fix” I have found is to unplug the TV from the wall outlet, wait about 10 seconds, plug it back in and turn the TV back on. The sound returns to normal... for awhile. Obviously there is a problem that TCL needs to address b

View solution in original post

Jump to solution

Turning volume node off worked for me. Thanks.

TheFoodGuy
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Volume “mode”. Set it to “off”. 

When watching a program 

1. Press the Star button star button on Roku remote on your Roku remote.
  2. Select Sound settings.
  3. Choose Volume mode and set it to Off

Kihei_Kid

Jump to solution

The only solution that worked for me was the reset with the home button five times, etc. Also tried the play pause button three times and one of these fixed it. Are people finding it's just a matter of time until it starts acting up again? I bought a 4k 43 android tv TCL today and when I heard how good the audio sounded on that I knew I was having issues and something needed fixing on the Roku 7105x 55 I also have. Thanks for all the info in this thread!

NG22
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I was able to fix it by following the instructions above and turn off the volume mode for sound leveling. It seems to have worked for now. 

0 Kudos
183 REPLIES 183
Aimes

Jump to solution

I’m having this issue recently too and mine started on YouTube and now is across all apps with YouTube having zero audio 

Ralph2

Jump to solution

I am this this exact problem with my TV just starting in December of 2019. I just bought this in June as well. The problems started on You tube and the volume would only work on the You tube if I did a cast from my android phone or the pause and star method on my remote. All the other apps are affected now to. This must be a factory problem not a streaming one.

Dankery1

Jump to solution

This is 100% what is happening on my TCL tv as well. This television is only been in use since Christmas, and I really had to save up to get this, so Im BEYOND frustrated. ROKU, Get this Problem solved PLEASE. Im borderline in tears.

Chelseaa06

Jump to solution

My tv is having this same issue. We just bought ours less than two weeks ago and the next day YouTube stopped having sound and things started sounding distorted and a loud pitch squeaking noise happened. So, we replaced our HDMI cable and called dish and had them send out a new box and it still didn’t fix it. So, we went back to the store and switched tv’s and got it home and ITS HAPPENING AGAIN on more channels and apps now. This is so frustrating! Tried calling TCL and no ones there to help.. 

TheFoodGuy
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I have a similar problem periodically with my TCL Roku TV. The only “fix” I have found is to unplug the TV from the wall outlet, wait about 10 seconds, plug it back in and turn the TV back on. The sound returns to normal... for awhile. Obviously there is a problem that TCL needs to address b

Dunkle752

Jump to solution

Same issue here. Only bought the tv this past summer. Tried different sound bars and different connections (optical, analog, and even headphones) and the problem persists. I've tried different sound modes in the options menu and nothing solves the problem. For my tv it's most prominent in Disney+ but now it's doing it on all apps. Please fix this TCL or this will be the last tv of yours I ever purchase.

@ckflood wrote:

Recently, about last week 1/8/2020 my TCL Roku TV has been distorted sounds. It started on the YouTube App and found a post on here about that and to fix it you pause the stream, hit *, unpause, hit *, and shortly the audio returns to normal. Now it is doing this  on all apps and the fix I had been using noted above is not working. It’s a terrible crackling, sounds like an echo, and cuts in/out. Please help! 

Jump to solution

I am having the same issues. It is so frustrating I can’t watch anything without the distortions. The apps are the worst but even cable is bad. This tv is really terrible. 

0 Kudos
TheFoodGuy
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I found what seems to be a fix for the distorted sound problem. I read somewhere that turning off the volume mode might help. I had mine set to “leveling”, but after I turned it off, I haven’t had any problems with distorted sound. 

I hope it works for you also. 

Tracey25

Jump to solution

Thefoodguy’s fix worked!  Thank you