Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FanOfTcl
Channel Surfer

Re: How to fix Roku TCL TV that's stuck on recovery mode screen

Jump to solution

Fixed after replacing the main board. It was just 25 dollars for main board on eBay, so i did not spend much time debugging the problem.

I still believe that the problem is Roku software related and not the main board itself. Roku should add option to let the tv boot in normal mode, and not force load recovery mode. I have seen many youtube videos which shows that Roku tv always goes into recovery mode if power cut off when watching Netflix or youtube

illtww
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

20-25 main board is the way to go! 

Heavyweight
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Do you have a link for the part?

0 Kudos
FanOfTcl
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@Heavyweight 

Do you have a link for the part?

I do not know the model of your roku TV to provide you the exact link.

Every roku TV has a separate part number.

You have to open the screws and read the numbers printed on the main board.

You just copy/paste the number on ebay, and it will show you the ebay listings.

My 50 inch TCL Roku TV is 50S421 purchased from Walmart.

Main Board (Printed in the board): 08-CM50CUN-OC405AA (08-MS22F01-MA200AA, 08-MS22F01-MA300AA, 40-MS22F1-MAB2HG)

IMPORTANT: There are multiple (about 3-4 different numbers) numbers printed on the board, and all three numbers has to match the listing on ebay. Even if two of the three numbers match, it will not work for your tv. Not sure why roku came up with 3 different set of numbers for the board, but that is how it is. 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I too have this same problem after six months of working great , i have reset,rebooted it connects and works for a short time then goes back into recovery mode your team has to have an answer since so many of us are having the problem

Darry Schroader

President

Stone Creek Senior Health

[personal information removed]

FanOfTcl
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Darry,

I am sorry that you have to go through this situation.

I went through month of research and unnecessary frustration, which could have been solved easily for 20-25 dollars replacement part.

If TV is under 1 year warranty, you can request a warranty replacement or repair for free.

If TV is out of warranty, replacing the main board is the easiest and cheapest option. Since you are having recurring issue with TV automatically entering recovery mode, probably, it is a hardware issue.

Options:

Best Buy will test and find problem your TV for 60 dollars, and let you know which board is broken. They will charge extra for replacement parts.

However, if you are okay with opening few screws, and following online instructions, you can easily replace the board within 1 hour. Parts are available on ebay.

0 Kudos

Re: Never ending Recovery Mode Screen

Jump to solution

Me too!   This is ridiculous. Its a new TV. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Never ending Recovery Mode Screen

Jump to solution

Hi @christinadefalc,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing?

We recommend starting here to troubleshoot issues with Recovery Mode on our Support page:  How to use Recovery Mode on your Roku TV™ | Official Roku Support 

If the issue still persists, we suggest contacting your Roku TV manufacturer. For a list of Roku TV manufacturer's contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

Keep us posted if you still need help!

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos

Re: Roku tv stuck in Recovery mode *READ THIS*

Jump to solution

Worked like a charm! Cliff is tha man. I pressed and held the reset button until the TV rebooted and came back up in the purple recovery mode screen. Let go of the reset button and unplugged the TV. I pressed and held the reset button and plugged the TV  back in, still holding the reset button. Once I saw the bar at the bottom front of the TV flash once(it flashes white), I stopped holding down the reset button. The TV came up into the home screen. I still had all my channels and everything. I did not have to set the TV up again or anything. Just started watching tv.

0 Kudos
itsmejenni

Jump to solution

I have followed every single thing mentioned on this board and when you run through recovery mode then it says it will update then gets to 100% and restarts back into recovery mode. I hit the reset pin and it does same thing, I got lucky one time and and it got to a different screen asking to verify my roku account which i did and then it went right back to recovery mode

0 Kudos