Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kesean

Re: How to fix Roku TCL TV that's stuck on recovery mode screen

Jump to solution

I did everything it's still doing the same thing

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Kesean,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

I’d be happy to take a look and help you here. We do not have enough details from your original message to make an effective suggestion. Can you please provide us with more specific information about the issue you are experiencing? What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue? 

With more information, we can assist you further.

Regards,
Nimfa

LourdesHerling
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have been having this issue for a couple months on a TCL 43” tv (model 43S421). I called TCL in June and went through several steps. We got disconnected when he asked for the tv serial number. Since then I have been doing a lot of traveling and been too busy with work to call back. I have checked a couple of times if it was working again but no luck. I have connected to a network several times (both home and cell phone hot spot) and it says the update completes but when it restarts it goes right back to the recovery mode screen. I have rebooted both the tv (unplugged it) and my home router. I have done a reset with the button on the side. I went through several steps with support back on June 18. If assistance can be provided without me having to call and wait on hold that would be very helpful. Just tell me what information you need. 

0 Kudos
LourdesHerling
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I just tried updating via USB. It went through all the steps successfully and said the update had completed, but when it restarted it went right back to recovery mode. This is extremely frustrating.

0 Kudos
FanOfTcl
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

i have this same exact issue. I was watching netflix, when power was cut off on tv. When power came back on, the tv started in recovery mode. At first I thought not a big deal, typed in wifi password and let it update. The update completed, and tv restarted but again in recovery mode. Then I copied the roku software on usb, and completed all steps for update, which requires entering some verification code from online. The update completed successfully, tv restarted, but again back in recovery mode.

It could be a hardware issue because my power went off and tv was shut down. But i expect tv to be able handle at least one power cut off.

i had a 2 year warranty which expired 15 days ago, my luck!

Tried the following as mentioned by that youtube guy

1. Turn off the tv. Hold the reset button until the first white light shows. Release reset button immediately. I tried this about 10 times, did not work.

2. Turn on tv. Keep clicking the reset button until you get a solid light. I clicked reset button more than 1000 times, but never got a solid light. The youtube guy said to keep patience, but i don't believe my tv will react the same. TCL 50 inch Walmart tv.

Roku tv should provide more technical debugging information on why it decided to load recovery mode, and provide easy way to avoid recovery mode.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@LourdesHerling @FanOfTcl

Thanks for the posts.

If your Roku TV is still stuck in recovery mode after following the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support page here: Fix your frozen Roku TV, it's possible that the issue may be hardware related. 

In this case, please contact your TV's manufacturer directly to report this issue and request additional support. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS. 

You can reach TCL support here: https://support.tclusa.com/televisions or at 1-877-300-8837.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Re: Never ending Recovery Mode Screen

Jump to solution

I can't get it off of mine my TV is not a yr. Old who do I call?? 

0 Kudos
Anna8
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Customer service number from your Manual. After two repairs they gave me a new TV.

0 Kudos
Anna8
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Call the Customer service number from your Manual. After two unsuccessful repairs they gave me a new TV.

0 Kudos
FanOfTcl
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Can you tell me the model of your TCL roku tv?

0 Kudos