Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Never ending Recovery Mode Screen

Jump to solution

@Floyd888

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us with the serial number/device ID that is on the back of your Roku TV? Once I have this information, I'll be able to pass it along to our Support team to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Floyd888
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

X000004DAHR1

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Floyd888

Thanks for the follow up and providing me with your information.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Lorderic9
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Took ownership 1/2019 and because it’s out of the 1 year manufacturer warranty, they TCL won’t do anything.  I have had Samsung TVs that last over a decade and now less the 3 years in, TCL will do nothing to try and make this right when clearly so many people have had this endless loop problem which has existed for years.  This is terrible support for a flawed product!

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hey @Lorderic9

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Could you tell us exactly the issue you're experiencing? Please reply here as well with the serial number of your Roku TV. It can be found at the back of the TV itself. 

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Lorderic9
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The screen is black. Did all the troubleshooting last me the TCL employee said (restarted router, internet, unplugged the power, Ethernet, etc) but that didn’t resolve the issue. Tried to factory reset numerous times and while the TCL logo will show up for a split second, the screen goes dark again.  Additionally, after the factory reset, the light below the TCL logo will begin blinking (standby mode) and each time you factory reset, it goes back to standby mode.  Lastly, I can hear all the appropriate sounds when turning in/off.  Serial number is 1810GTO000856402430. 

0 Kudos
demsd
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Lorderic9 wrote:

Took ownership 1/2019 and because it’s out of the 1 year manufacturer warranty, they TCL won’t do anything.  I have had Samsung TVs that last over a decade and now less the 3 years in, TCL will do nothing to try and make this right when clearly so many people have had this endless loop problem which has existed for years.  This is terrible support for a flawed product!

Nothing is made to last forever anymore.

Personally, I have not had any issues with either of my TCLs.

Also, because nothing is made to last forever anymore, when I buy electronics I always get an extended warranty, which typically can be had for $25 or less. One of my TVs has an additional 2 years, the other 3 years. They c r a p out, I can have them replaced.

40" TCL Roku TV
50" TCL Roku TV
0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Lorderic9

Thanks for the reply.

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. I'd recommend keeping an eye on your email since they'll be reaching out to you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Destyni4

Re: How to fix Roku TCL TV that's stuck on recovery mode screen

Jump to solution

Is there a way to talk to a real person I have tried everything that the app tells me to do I am now on day two of my TV sitting in recovery mode I have unplugged it I have restarted it I have allowed it to do the update and it continues to come back. 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: How to fix Roku TCL TV that's stuck on recovery mode screen

Jump to solution

Hello @Destyni4

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. They will follow up and further assist you through email.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos