Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Unwanted added channels

Jump to solution

@akflintnoh @Rich52 

Thanks for the posts.

If you are referring to the over-the-air channels being displayed on your Roku TV, you hide all the streaming TV channels from the Live TV Channel Guide using the steps below:

1. Press the Home button on your Roku TV remote.
  2. Scroll up or down and select Settings.
  3. Select TV inputs, followed by Live TV.
  4. Select Hide streaming TV channels.
  5. Check the box next to Hide all.

For more information about TV listings using Live TV Channel Guide, visit our Support page here: https://support.roku.com/article/115012658287

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@akflintnoh wrote:

When I turned on my TV I saw that Roku had added a bunch of new channels in front of the channels from my cable company. I didn't want these channels and I still don't want them. Since Roku does not have a remote that you are able to type in a number and go directly to a channel and need to arrow up and down it takes forever to go to the channels I really want. It also wiped out my favorite channel and since Roku won't let you pick your favorites I am screwed. For example I watch channel 2 and channel 56, by the time one show is over and I try to arrow up one channel at a time I never make it to the next channel in time to watch the whole show. After these channels were added my remote will only do one channel at a time, it won't continue scrolling as I hold the button down. And I can't hit it several times to go quicker, I have to wait for each channel to load. Why do they do things that they haven't tested or asked if we even want it and make watching tv a hassle instead of an enjoyable experience. I have resorted to watching Netflix or Prime instead of live tv and now I am missing the shows I really want to watch.

Are you referring to the OTA channels displayed on a Roku TV? If so, you can hide unwanted channels from the list by going to Settings/TV Inputs/Live TV/Edit channel lineup. 

You can also move a page at a time in the channel guide using the buttons marked << and >>. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
mikeism
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

1) Is it true that the ability to configure 'Favorite' Live TV channels is no longer available? That was previously an option that I appreciated and was able to utilize. Is the 'Favorites' feature really gone?

2) On Live TV, when I press the * button to switch channel lists and then select ''Recent Channels'... the channel list is empty. The list is empty even though I have watched multiple over-the-air stations. Is this a known issue, or am I doing something wrong?

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

@mikeism wrote:

1) Is it true that the ability to configure 'Favorite' Live TV channels is no longer available? That was previously an option that I appreciated and was able to utilize. Is the 'Favorites' feature really gone?

2) On Live TV, when I press the * button to switch channel lists and then select ''Recent Channels'... the channel list is empty. The list is empty even though I have watched multiple over-the-air stations. Is this a known issue, or am I doing something wrong?

1), Favorites are still there, but you cannot manually add or remove channels from the list. Some lousy algorithm calculates them based on how often you use a channel. That's been gone for several years I believe.

2) I wonder if different brand Roku TVs have different channel list functionality. I just tried pressing * while the channel list was open on my Sharp Roku TV, and it didn't offer any ability to adjust the channel list in any way. 

Dan

0 Kudos
mikeism
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Under Settings / Live TV...  the options let me:

- show ALL antenna channels or hide ALL of them

- show ALL streaming channels or hide ALL of them

Too bad there isn't an option to configure 'Favorites'

'All or nothing' is constraining and inconvenient.  This, coupled with the fact that the option to only view recently used channels isn't working, make this 'upgrade' a step backwards and makes usage more difficult, more time consuming and less consumer-friendly.

Adding an option to configure antenna channel favorites and streaming channel favorites seems like it would be very useful.

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

I'm thinking there's differences between manufacturers. My Sharp Roku TV doesn't list the same settings you list here. It doesn't say anything about streaming channels, I can show or hide individual OTA channels, and there's an on/off setting for displaying favorites. 

Dan

0 Kudos
numike
Reel Rookie

what are these streaming channels?

Jump to solution

why is my antenna tv also have some sort of roku streaming channels?

There is no control over the channels

Can I get rid of this and just get back to my antenna channels?

Thank You

Ivory1
Reel Rookie

Re: what are these streaming channels?

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue.  Hope we get an answer. It uses up internet.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@numike @Ivory1 

Thanks for the posts.

If you are referring to the over-the-air channels being displayed on your Roku TV, you hide all the streaming TV channels from the Live TV Channel Guide using the steps below:

1. Press the Home button on your Roku TV remote.
  2. Scroll up or down and select Settings.
  3. Select TV inputs, followed by Live TV.
  4. Select Hide streaming TV channels.
  5. Check the box next to Hide all.

For more information about TV listings using Live TV Channel Guide, visit our Support page here: https://support.roku.com/article/115012658287

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
numike
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

THANK YOU that took care of

Now might I suggest you clean up the streaming channels

such as allowing the users to set up favorites