Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mikeism
Streaming Star

Re: How do I remove Roku tv channels from my OTA guide

Jump to solution

Under Live TV... my 'Recent Channels' list is still empty.

Software version 9.4.0    Build 4200-88

0 Kudos
Ivory1
Reel Rookie

Re: How do I remove Roku tv channels from my OTA guide

Jump to solution

Go to your home page on roku tv and select settings, then select tv imputs. live tv,, then under hide streaming tv channels  check Hide all..  that removes the streaming channels.

0 Kudos
heavyloss
Reel Rookie

Deleting all recently added streaming channels. Do not want to hide.

Jump to solution

Help!  I want to delete all free streaming channels just added to antenna tv.  I do not want to hide them.  I want to remove them.  There are no tiles associated with these channels therefore the normal delete process will not work.  My roku is now sluggish, buffers all the time and what worse these are not channels I will ever listen to or view.  

vmh
Binge Watcher

Update on 23Dec, now have streaming channels w/OTA channels -How to remove them?

Jump to solution

My Roku TV just updated itself today, 23 Dec 2020 and the Antenna TV logo has been changed to Live TV.  In addition there are dozens and dozens of streaming channels that popped up in the channel line up and in the guide. 

Is there a way to remove all or some of these streaming channels or hide them as you can do with scanned OTA channels? 

I understand that some people may be thrilled to have all these new channels though we are not.  I would be happy with the option to hide or remove the ones we do not want.

Any assistance is appreciated.  Thank you.

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Deleting all recently added streaming channels. Do not want to hide.

Jump to solution

@heavyloss wrote:

Help!  I want to delete all free streaming channels just added to antenna tv.  I do not want to hide them.  I want to remove them.  There are no tiles associated with these channels therefore the normal delete process will not work.  My roku is now sluggish, buffers all the time and what worse these are not channels I will ever listen to or view.  

They are treated the same as an OTA station, so there's no way to remove them. Simply hide them and forget about it. They aren't using any resources when they aren't being watched, so it isn't hurting anything with them being there but hidden. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Update on 23Dec, now have streaming channels w/OTA channels -How to remove them?

Jump to solution

@vmh wrote:

My Roku TV just updated itself today, 23 Dec 2020 and the Antenna TV logo has been changed to Live TV.  In addition there are dozens and dozens of streaming channels that popped up in the channel line up and in the guide. 

Is there a way to remove all or some of these streaming channels or hide them as you can do with scanned OTA channels? 

I understand that some people may be thrilled to have all these new channels though we are not.  I would be happy with the option to hide or remove the ones we do not want.

Any assistance is appreciated.  Thank you.

Yes, they should have a menu box to hide them all. I haven't seen that update yet, but others have reported they can be hidden. What I don't know is if you can pick and choose which to hide. There might be some you want to keep in the line up, but I don't know if that's possible.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Ivory1
Reel Rookie

Re: Update on 23Dec, now have streaming channels w/OTA channels -How to remove them?

Jump to solution

Go to your home page and select settings, tv imputs,Live TV and check Hide streaming tv channels.

0 Kudos
Visitor45763
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@atc98092 wrote:

@heavyloss wrote:

They are treated the same as an OTA station, so there's no way to remove them. Simply hide them and forget about it. 

I'm puzzled why 1000+ channels would be deliberately added to Antenna/Live TV in the first place. There's no numeric keypad to reach channel 847. Even when holding down the channel-change button continuously stepped through channels, it was slow enough that I wouldn't imagine that being useable. But, the recent "update" broke that functionality. Now, customers would have to repeatedly press (and release) the channel-change button 800 times.

I'm convinced nobody at Broku uses their own product. This is an absolute nightmare. I'm seriously contemplating putting my two TCL/Broku tvs on Craigslist. Unload them on some other **bleep**, and buy something else. If Broku's updates are this buggy and poorly thought out, and there's no way to blacklist updates (rollback to previous ones), and they spring big updates just 5 days before Christmas when they know they won't have hands on deck to deal with fallout... why would anyone choose this?

They could have done real, productive, helpful changes. Like letting you hide a channel right from the channel you're watching (access the show/hide list right there, with the current channel being the one the cursor's on). That would make tons of sense to *everyone*. But, instead Broku makes Favorites less useful, and thinks people would enjoy stepping through 1000+ channels one at a time. It's like there's no inspiration there. The logical explanation is: they don't use their own product. They're probably all using Sony/Android. 

I have never hated a company as much as I do Broku, so quickly. It's not that it's garbage. It's that the company clearly doesn't care.

"People are often amazed at how much we’ve done with the number of engineers we’ve got." (Roku CEO Anthony Wood, Austin Statesman, Oct 4, 2019). "Amazed" is one way of putting it.
0 Kudos
heavyloss
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you for your reply.  However my experience has been different and only since the free streaming channels were added.  Therefore whether they use resources or not I have a problem:

1.  On demand movies from all providers buffer 5 to 6 times per movie.  This occurs whether it Roku, Netflix, or Amazon Prime.

2.  I have to repeatedly select to get my cursor to move between channels.  It's as if the TV cannot process the change quickly enough.  And yes I replaced the batteries.

However if you are correct the only solution is to change platforms from Roku to something else.  

0 Kudos
achterhof

How to remove streaming channels from my Live tv channel

Jump to solution

All of a sudden, there re  bunch of streaming TV channels appearing under my over the air channels in my Live TV channel. I do not want them there. I only watch OTA channels, and now scrolling takes forever. 

How can I remove these? I thought tv tuners were only supposed to show OTA channels - do I need to complain to the FCC?