Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nemu
Reel Rookie

Re: Horizontal Lines/Bars of Pixels Stuck On Streaming Apps

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R wrote:

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts and information that you have provided.

We appreciate your patience and understanding regarding what you are experiencing. Please be aware that we have identified the issue and expect a fix in a future update.

Thanks,
Danny

This is basically the exact same copy-paste of your last two comments.  I appreciate a fix is in the works but let's be honest this issue is taking a while to solve.  Clearly people want more specific updates or time-frames on when this update will be rolled out (or what version) instead of just coming soon.  A lot of people are returning TVs thinking it is a hardware issue.

0 Kudos
leegato
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Not yet.  The issue still occurs on 9.3.0.  As noted earlier in this thread, 9.3.2 was a beta version of an update that some devices got it volunteered.  It is suggested that 9.4.0 will fix the issue, and is currently being rolled out.  So we might have our solution soon.

0 Kudos
brooksbandits
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm seeing it on live TV channels as well using the built-in tuner with an antenna. Hoping 9.4 arrives soon. Buy more bandwidth!

Roku TV C110X

TCL 55S425

Software 9.3.0 (4194-93)

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

October 31 2020 and this still happens on Hulu, Netflix, and Disney+ Streaming Apps.

TV is the 50" Hisense R6 Roku TV

Only happens when using the Streaming Apps baked in with Roku. Does not happen when I use HDMI inputs and stream through another device. 

It's honestly really frustrating to spend hundreds on a TV for it to not work correctly. The stuck pixels look awful and when it happens it usually prompts me to turn the TV off and find something else to do so I guess there's that. Just figure you'd have actually fixed it by now as it's clearly not a physical defect but a software issue that your developers haven't fixed. Fix it. Please. 

0 Kudos
Tsouth2
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thought I was crazy dealing with this until I found this thread. Same problem on a 55” 4K tv here. 

I hope a new firmware update comes out soon to resolve this. Just checked for system updates at 10pm EST on 10/31 and nothing is available. 

0 Kudos
Mangual

Jump to solution

Is there a fix to this issue? We have the 65S241 and it has the same line problem when streaming!

@RokuDanny-R 

0 Kudos
Tsouth2
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@Mangual wrote:

Is there a fix to this issue? We have the 65S241 and it has the same line problem when streaming!

@RokuDanny-R 

The permanent fix is supposedly in Roku OS update 9.4.0 which was released in October but is a slow roll out. My Hisense TV does not have it yet but according to Roku all Roku TV's should have it by the end of the year. 

The temporary fix is to restart the TV from settings > system menu. This usually fixes it for several hours to a few days before it comes back in my experience. 

0 Kudos
rdfiasco
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@Tsouth2 wrote:

The permanent fix is supposedly in Roku OS update 9.4.0 which was released in October but is a slow roll out. My Hisense TV does not have it yet but according to Roku all Roku TV's should have it by the end of the year. 

Source? Don't see it mentioned in the release notes.

0 Kudos
Tsouth2
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@rdfiasco wrote:

@Tsouth2 wrote:

Don't have one. Thought I had seen multiple people saying no problems since 9.4.0 was installed in this thread but looking back only one person said that and haven't updated since Wednesday so it hasn't even been a week yet. My bad. I am hopeful it fixes it but guess we really don't know yet.

0 Kudos
rdfiasco
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@Tsouth2 wrote:

@rdfiasco wrote:

@Tsouth2 wrote:

Don't have one. Thought I had seen multiple people saying no problems since 9.4.0 was installed in this thread but looking back only one person said that and haven't updated since Wednesday so it hasn't even been a week yet. My bad. I am hopeful it fixes it but guess we really don't know yet.

Ok. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

0 Kudos