Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adam82

Hisense Roku tv Not connecting to internet

I have a brand new Hisense Roku tv and it will not connect to wifi. I’ve done everything to fix it. Confirmed password, restarted router and tv, changed password and confirmed again, returned tv for a new one, used secret menus on remote. 

can anyone help?

0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Hisense Roku tv Not connecting to internet

@Adam82

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried connecting your Roku TV to another wireless network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you are able to connect. If you are able to connect to an alternate wireless network, the issue is most likely with your home wireless network.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Juaans1994

I have the exact same problem. Brand new and I tried to do my hotspot and it still didn’t work.

RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hi @Juaans1994

We do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Have you tried all the troubleshooting steps on this Support link: What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet?. If you are also receiving an error code, we would recommend following the recommended troubleshooting available in the link provided above. 

Please keep us posted!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
kpasquier

I was able to connect to my hotspot but WHY is this the only device we own that won't connect to our network? This doesn't seem like a network problem it seems like a Roku problem.  And what could be wrong with our internet that every other device will connect and not this one? I even took all of our devices off the wifi to see if it would work then and it didn't.  

kpasquier

I did every one of these things more than once and it did not work. 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hi @kpasquier

Thanks for posting here in the Community!

Could you confirm to us if you are experiencing the issue on a Roku device or Roku TV? Please specify to us as well the troubleshooting steps you've done so we know what steps we should take next. 

Please keep us posted. 

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
rgoodwin13
Channel Surfer

I have a Hisense Roku 55R8F and Century Link Fiber 1 gig internet.  After about 3 months, the TV stopped connecting via wife or wired.  All other devices, other TVs with Roku adapter, computers, cell phones and printer connect with no problems.

I have un plugged TV for 2 minutes.  Unplugged router for 2 minutes, all to no avail.  For a while I was able to put a Roku adapter to the back of the TV and pressing the pause button on the remote several times and the Roku adapter would connect.  Now the TV only recognizes the Hisense Roku and of course won't connect.

I am currently using my iPhone as a hot spot and am able to connect.

What is the fix?  Hisense says it is a Century Link issue.  Century Link says absolutely not.  Then Hisense said to call Roku who only supports new product connections.

I am about to throw the TV away unless there is a fix and obviously never, ever buy a Hisense product again.  What crummy support.

rgoodwin13
Channel Surfer

I solved my problem.

I held the re-set button on the Hisense TV for 10 seconds.  The TV started up with the new set up menus as if the tv had just come out of the box.  I followed the screens and everything worked.  I had tried a software factory re-set and all that did was lose all of my channel settings.

After the re-set button re-set, I still ended up having to re-install my channel settings, but it was worth it to not feel I had to toss the TV.

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@rgoodwin13 

Thanks for posting that the factory reset fixed your issue.  If happens again, try doing a network connection reset first.  Settings..System..Advanced System Settings..Network Connection Reset..Reset Connection.  This should disassociate the network access point, reset the RokuTV network driver, and then clear settings with a restart of the television.  Normally follow this with a router reboot.

Again, good to hear the last resort factory reset solved your issue.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos