Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mickfoley
Reel Rookie

Hisense Roku TV Split Screen

4 year old Hisense 65R6E1 has split the screen vertically in the middle with 2 exact images on both halves of the TV. Hisense says it's a Roku issue, Roku says Hisense. Did a factory reset twice, still have two pictures onscreen. Any thoughts before I throw it out?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Hisense Roku TV Split Screen

Hi, @mickfoley

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for sharing this informaiton with us, and we understand the issue you're going through regarding a split screen on your Roku TV. For this matter, you may want to inquire further about this directly to Hisense's support since this issue is likely a manufacturing issue where display panels are not configured properly. 

You can reach them at Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

We hope this will be sorted out soon.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mickfoley
Reel Rookie

Maybe you missed the part where the TV is 4 years old and just started happening. What manufacturing defect could cause this after 4 years?

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for the response, @mickfoley 

May we know if you've recently had any changes or updates on your Roku TV? Also, when did you first experience the Roku TV split-screen display?

With more detailed information, the better we can understand the issue.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mickfoley
Reel Rookie

It happened right after the 12.5.5 update. Hisense said this model doesn't have the capability to do split screen, so it had to be a software issue. When I called Roku support, they said hardware issue. Even if we successfully get this resolved I will never own another Roku television. I do appreciate you looking into this tho.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

We appreciate you for the response, @mickfoley 

We'd like to investigate this issue further and would request additional information that our team can use to review this case. Please provide the details below:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version. (These can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs. (When you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • A photo or video clip referring to the issue,

We hope to hear back from you so we can work on the issue.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Donevo
Reel Rookie

Just throw it out, same thing happened to mine a year ago, Hisense said it’s a Roku problem Roku said it’s a Hisense problem a month of contacting back and fourth to no avail. Trash it and get an lg or Samsung smart tv screw Hisense/roku 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.