Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: HiSense is asking me to rollback Roku Software

Hi @PunchOut911,

Thanks for the post.

May we know what OS the device was on when the issue was fixed?

Your response is highly appreciated.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
PunchOut911
Channel Surfer

Hello, it was 11.5.

I am at my grandma house right now and watching the TV is making me sick. The screens flicker non stop.

This is **bleep**ed up that she has to endure this nonsense.

Can someone do something and make sure it stays on 11.5 please? I will have Costco take back this TV otherwise.

Thanks

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @PunchOut911,

Thank you for keeping us updated about this issue!

We will be more than happy to take a closer look into this issue that you're having with the Roku TV. Could you provide us with a photo or video of your running issue?

We'll wait for your response.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
PunchOut911
Channel Surfer

Once again, TV is now working so whatever you guys did, please let it this way! For my grandmother.

0 Kudos
Bobuhchuck

I am having the same issue with a 55 inch Hisense uled. Was told by Hisense to rollback to version 11.5 and will give that a try if you can tell me how to do it. I did discover that if I go the power settings, change anything and restart the system, the problem goes away until the next time I power on the tv.

0 Kudos
karlc

If HiSense is requesting a rollback of the Roku software, it's likely due to identified issues or compatibility concerns with the current version. Rolling back the software involves reverting to a previous version of the Roku operating system.

To proceed with the rollback, follow these steps:

1. Access Roku Settings: Navigate to the settings menu on your Roku device. You can usually find this on the home screen.

2. Go to System: Within the settings menu, look for the "System" option.

3. Select System Update: Under "System," find and select "System Update." This is where you manage software updates.

4. Check for Updates: Roku may check for updates automatically. If not, initiate a manual check to see if there's a rollback option available.

5. Choose Rollback: If a rollback is available, it should be listed as an option. Follow the on-screen instructions to initiate the rollback process.

6. Wait for Completion: The rollback process may take some time. Be patient and let the device complete the rollback.

7. Restart Roku: After the rollback is complete, restart your Roku device.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.