Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Burek
Reel Rookie

Help - screen is Black and No sound - But have Menu

I can see the menus and even the ticker at the bottom of Haystack news Channel But no other picture nor sound occurs in any app and not on Live Rhoku channels either - any solution ?

Labels (1)
4 REPLIES 4
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Help - screen is Black and No sound - But have Menu

Welcome to the Roku Community, @Burek!

Thanks for reaching out. We'd be happy to help you determine the cause of this and find you the best resolution possible.

Before proceeding, kindly provide us with additional information such as follows:

• What specific model is your TV? (Hisense, TCL, ONN, Select Series, Pro Series, Plus Series, etc.)
  • Did your TV recently receive any software update prior to this happening that might have triggered this issue?
  • A photo or a short video clip of it happening for reference.

We'll be looking forward to your response.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Burek
Reel Rookie

I followed some instructions I saw for another problem - simply unplugged the tv for 10 seconds and then plugged it in and took a shower - turned on my Hisense TV and tried the news in the Haystack app - black screen resolved - all worked normally on other live tv channels for Roku as well 

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for the response and for letting us know about this, @Burek.

We are more than glad that the issue was resolved. We express our gratitude for your patience, understanding, and effort in resolving this issue.

Please let us know if there are other related issues that we can look into further.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
StevenCee
Roku Guru

@RokuJechealR I've had the same issue going on. It's happened in the last few days, including this morning. Each time, I've had to do a system restart, and then it will work OK.  I'm not sure why this happens so often, as I also deal with the problem of the "spinning 99%" circle of no movie or trailer happening.

This is especially aggravating when it's late at night, and I just want to watch a little something before going to sleep. I find a movie, click on the trailer, and nothing, I try clicking on the start button, nothing. Even when I go from the Roku live channel, to Netflix or Prime, same thing happens! I finally again, scroll to the System Restart button, hit that, and usually it will work ok, but not always, sometimes it takes doing it one or two more times, occasionally, even that doesn't fix it, and I'll just give up. 

It seems to me, that it's a buildup of the system's cache, or RAM, and it would very helpful to know a way to clear the cache or the memory, so it wouldn't happen near as often. Would uninstalling some of apps I have help this issue?

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.