Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

43" Roku TV Will Not Remain On

Jump to solution

I had to unplug my TV for a few hours to move furniture around, and when I plugged it back in it stopped working. The red light will remain on when it's off, and then when I power it on it shows a purple "Roku TV" for 30 seconds with the red blinking, and then immediately shuts off. 

I have changed different power outlets to check if it is a low power issue. I tested the same outlet that a bigger TV uses and I have the same problem. I've also checked outlets in different areas of the house...no answer. Is there a way to fix this issue? 

I bought this TV in August of 2021. 

Thank you in advance!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: 43" Roku TV Will Not Remain On

Jump to solution

Hello @AnonymousHelp,

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community!

We appreciate you letting us know about the trouble you've encountered with your Roku TV and the steps you took to resolve it.

We recommend performing a factory reset with your Roku TV. You may follow the following steps with your Roku remote or the Roku mobile app from the settings menu:

1. Press Home on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select System
  4. Select Advanced System Settings
  5. Select Factory reset
  6. If you have a Roku TV, select Factory reset everything. Otherwise, move to the next step.
  7. Follow the on-screen instructions

Using the physical button

Located on the back or bottom of your device, the physical Reset button is either a tackle or pinhole design that requires a straightened paper clip. It will appear similar to one of the following:

Once you locate the Reset button and your Roku device is powered on, press and hold the button firmly for about 10 seconds. When the factory reset is complete, an indicator light or status LED will blink rapidly on most Roku devices.

For reference, visit our Support article about how to restart or Factory reset your Roku streaming device.

On the other hand, may we know what model your Roku TV is? (Hisense, TCL, ONN, Select Series, Pro, Series, Plus Series, etc.)

If the issue persists, could please provide us with a photo of the problem you've been experiencing?

Please keep us posted on what you find out, and we'll continue assisting you from there.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: 43" Roku TV Will Not Remain On

Jump to solution

Hello @AnonymousHelp,

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community!

We appreciate you letting us know about the trouble you've encountered with your Roku TV and the steps you took to resolve it.

We recommend performing a factory reset with your Roku TV. You may follow the following steps with your Roku remote or the Roku mobile app from the settings menu:

1. Press Home on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select System
  4. Select Advanced System Settings
  5. Select Factory reset
  6. If you have a Roku TV, select Factory reset everything. Otherwise, move to the next step.
  7. Follow the on-screen instructions

Using the physical button

Located on the back or bottom of your device, the physical Reset button is either a tackle or pinhole design that requires a straightened paper clip. It will appear similar to one of the following:

Once you locate the Reset button and your Roku device is powered on, press and hold the button firmly for about 10 seconds. When the factory reset is complete, an indicator light or status LED will blink rapidly on most Roku devices.

For reference, visit our Support article about how to restart or Factory reset your Roku streaming device.

On the other hand, may we know what model your Roku TV is? (Hisense, TCL, ONN, Select Series, Pro, Series, Plus Series, etc.)

If the issue persists, could please provide us with a photo of the problem you've been experiencing?

Please keep us posted on what you find out, and we'll continue assisting you from there.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.