Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Me! Why did my Roku Tv turn on then go off. And now it won't even turn on

I don't understand. I turned on my 40" Omni Roku Tv with the remote, that came with it, and the home screen didn't come on it just said something about not being able to connect and then the tv turned off and now it won't come back on. I changed the batteries in the remote. It is the kind than doesn't have a pairing button, still nothing. I unplugged the tv and then waited and plugged it back in. Still nothing. I have tried to use the reset button on the TV and by doing so that is the only time I can see the red light come. Only as long as you are pushing it in. Just so baffled because it is a new TV. I really don't have the money to go buy a new one. What do I do?  Help!

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Help Me! Why did my Roku Tv turn on then go off. And now it won't even turn on

Hello @Onannieathome 

Thanks for posting here in the Community!

Have you tried contacting the TV manufacturer to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS. 

For a list of Roku TV manufacturers' contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Firmwareistrash
Channel Surfer

Re: Help Me! Why did my Roku Tv turn on then go off. And now it won't even turn on

If you are in warranty nice go contact omni and Maaaaybe they help you.  Otherwise good luck many others have same issue regarding this recently as a firmware update bricked your nice tv,  good luck   see this thread https://community.roku.com/t5/Discussions/OS-11-5-Roku-TV-TCL-Black-Screen-on-display/td-p/830524/pa...

Funny how its Roku OS but they send you to the manufacturer.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.