Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Faeryll

Unable to connect device to Mobile app

I am trying to connect the mobile app to my device, but it is not working. It sees the device and I am able to click it to connect, but it tells me my TV is powered off when it is on. Both are connected to my WiFi with the same IP address. The 'connect to mobile app' is set to default as the help files say will work. But, it still thinks the TV is off. I've tried rebooting my router and modem, as well as the TV and my phone. Software is up to date.

The weird thing is that it worked last week just fine. I haven't changed any setting since then. 

Help files didn't help to find the problem, I am hoping someone here can help.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Re: Unable to connect device to Mobile app

Hi @Faeryll

Welcome to the Roku Community!

If you're having trouble connecting your Roku device to the mobile app, here are some troubleshooting steps you can try:

Make sure both devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi network: The Roku device and the mobile device you're using to control it need to be connected to the same Wi-Fi network.

Check for updates: Make sure that both the Roku device and the mobile app are up to date. You can check for updates in the Roku settings menu and in the app store for your mobile device.

Restart your devices: Try restarting both your Roku device and your mobile device.

Reinstall the mobile app: If the app is still not connecting, try uninstalling and reinstalling the mobile app.

Reset the network connection on your Roku: In the Roku settings menu, go to "Network" and select "Reset connection." This will reset Roku's network settings and prompt you to reconnect to your Wi-Fi network.

Check for network interference: Make sure that there are no other devices or appliances in your home that could be interfering with your Wi-Fi signals, such as a microwave or a cordless phone.

We hope it helps!

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.