Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Julzies

Where can I find the Antenna tv app?

Jump to solution

I can't seem to find the box on the home screen to view the Antenna tv channels.  Is there a way I can add that to the homescreen?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Where can I find the Antenna tv app?

Jump to solution

You have to have a true Roku tv, that's a Tv with screen that has built-in Roku. Stand-alone Roku like the Ultra, Express, or Premiere do not have antenna inputs. 

So, if you do have Roku tv, the antenna input tile is named Live tv, if it's not present on your home screen go into settings to tv inputs. If it's under unused inputs, enable it, rename what you like. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
AvsGunnar

Jump to solution

@Julzies 

The Antenna/OTA (by default called LiveTV), is only available on a RokuTV, not a Roku device connected to your TV via HDMI.

To watch Antenna TV with a HDMI connected Roku device, you will need to connect an antenna to your TV's antenna input/coaxial and then use your TV remote (not Roku remote) and select the appropriate input for your Antenna/OTA input.

Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

Tivoburkee

Jump to solution

You have to have a true Roku tv, that's a Tv with screen that has built-in Roku. Stand-alone Roku like the Ultra, Express, or Premiere do not have antenna inputs. 

So, if you do have Roku tv, the antenna input tile is named Live tv, if it's not present on your home screen go into settings to tv inputs. If it's under unused inputs, enable it, rename what you like. 

Edmund

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Julzies

Jump to solution

Oh, thank you!  I will try and do it that way, is there anything I need to do to enable the inputs?  The remote is a little hard to figure out after using the universal remotes for so long.  I do love the Roku tv so far though!

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Julzies Once you have connected the antenna to the coaxials input on your TV and found the correct input you will likely have to do a scan for available channels in your area.  Other than that it should work fine.

0 Kudos
Walt3

Jump to solution

0 Kudos