Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
richc0210

Last software update May 12?

I am having issues with some apps not opening (showing a black screen) or not connecting to the network.  When I switch over and use a Roku stick the TV works great.  It is showing the TV has not been updated since May 12. Is it common to have it that long between updates.  I have already manually tried updating it with no change to the date.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Last software update May 12?

Hi @richc0210

Thanks for the post.

Please provide us with the following information for further investigation:

1. Roku device model, Serial number, Device ID, Software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  2. Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  3. Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  4. Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos

Re: Last software update May 12?

Have you tried resetting your TV to its factory settings? That may help resolve any software-related issues. Regarding the software update, it's not uncommon for TVs to go a few months between updates. However, if you're experiencing issues, it may be worth reaching out to the TV manufacturer's customer support to see if there are any known issues or if they can provide further assistance.

0 Kudos