Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hayuwatcher
Reel Rookie

Hayu App crashing back to Roku Home Screen upon opening

Started yesterday when I open my hayu app after about 10 seconds it crashes and sends me back to the roku home page.

I have restarted my roku

i have deleted the app and restarted my roku and redownloaded the app

I have done a factor reset twice

and I have cleared my cache

none of these things have solved the issue. I know it is not a hayu issue as I am able to play the app just fine on other devices. 

46 REPLIES 46
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Hayu App crashing back to Roku Home Screen upon opening

Hi @Hayuwatcher,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We understand you are having trouble with playback issues with a channel. In some cases, removing the channel and then reinstalling it may help. To ensure the process is successful, follow the steps below, making sure you restart your Roku device before adding the channel again.

• Remove the channel. Highlight the channel tile on your Home screen and press the Star button on your remote to open the options menu. Select remove channel and confirm.
  • Restart your Roku Device. Home > Settings > System > Power. "If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step." System restart.
  • Reinstall the channel. Visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again.

Please keep us posted, and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Regards,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Hayuwatcher
Reel Rookie

Hi! I have already done that, and also a factory reset and a ca he clear. None of it works 

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Hayuwatcher,

Thanks for the response!

If you can still not play videos from one channel after attempting the suggestions above, videos from other channels will play fine. Contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. The channel developers themselves maintain channels on Roku. In this case, an issue within that specific channel likely needs to be addressed with an update from the channel developer.

Please keep us posted if you need further assistance or clarification.

Warm regards,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Luciusfunk
Reel Rookie

I’m having the same issue with Netflix. After it crashed three times, I said eff it and switched to Netflix on my Xbox. Definitely not a Netflix issue, it’s a Roku issue. TCL Roku TV

TraceyB

I'm having exactly the same problem. It's just started yesterday. 

Mcormier

I am having the same issue. The app was working fine for me last night, but this morning it keeps kicking me out. When I use another non-Rpku device, it works fine.

RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community Users,

A warm welcome here at the Roku Community!

We regret to hear about these channel playback issues going on, and we'd love to help you out. You can refer to the provided troubleshooting steps by @RokuJechealR on top and check if this will resolve the issue with the app crashing.
Let us know if this works for you.
All the best,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

I’m also having this problem and there’s no option to remove the channel.

0 Kudos
aftonsv
Reel Rookie

Same thing is happening to me since the weekend. Removed the app for a full day to see if it would help and re-added it this morning and same thing just shuts down and goes back to the Roku home screen as soon as I log in.

I have reset the system multiple times and re-added the app multiple times as well.  

Thank you for any help! 

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.