Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BrianSmith
Reel Rookie

Disabling Dolby Vision and other HDR standards that change video settings

Jump to solution

I just returned a nearly $2,000 LG OLED TV 65" for the Roku Model:65R6A5R 4k QLED TV because the LG would change the picture settings every time the video stream changed and was in Dolby Vision or some other HDR format with embedded meta data and there was no way to stop that.  

I just got the Roku TV delivered and it says Dolby Vision on the side! -_-

The manuals are vague. Chat support is useless. I have to know if this TV is going to do the same thing or if there's a way to stop it from changing the video settings EVERY TIME a new streams starts up before I take it out of the box, because, if I can't, I'm returning it.  

Dolby Vision image quality is horrible.  All it does is make everything DARK!  

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Disabling Dolby Vision and other HDR standards that change video settings

Jump to solution

Hi @BrianSmith,

Welcome, and thank you for posting here at the Roku Community!

We'd be more than happy to assist you with your concern regarding your preferred display type on your Roku TV.

You can disable the Dolby Vision on your Roku TV by navigating to your Settings, selecting Display type, selecting your preferred display type, and pressing OK. While the display setting is changed, your screen may go black for a few seconds, which is normal and part of the process. 

You can check our Support article for further details about How to change the display type on your Roku streaming player.

If there's anything else we can be of assistance with, please don't hesitate to contact us again.

Hope this helps!

Warm regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @BrianSmith,

Welcome, and thank you for posting here at the Roku Community!

We'd be more than happy to assist you with your concern regarding your preferred display type on your Roku TV.

You can disable the Dolby Vision on your Roku TV by navigating to your Settings, selecting Display type, selecting your preferred display type, and pressing OK. While the display setting is changed, your screen may go black for a few seconds, which is normal and part of the process. 

You can check our Support article for further details about How to change the display type on your Roku streaming player.

If there's anything else we can be of assistance with, please don't hesitate to contact us again.

Hope this helps!

Warm regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
BrianSmith
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

No.

Not a streaming player.  A Roku brand Roku TV.

Those settings don't apply.  

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.