Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kylielauryn
Reel Rookie

Having to reset network connection everytime I turn on TV

I’ve had my brand new Hisense Roku TV for only 2-3 months now, and never have had this problem before. Recently this week every-time I turn it on, it is disconnected from my wifi. When I go to set up the wifi and search for wireless networks, it is just spinning for what feels like an eternity, until after it’s been so long that I just turn my TV off. I have recently found out that when I go into advanced settings I am able to reset network connection, and when I do that and turn my TV back on, I’m able to search for wireless networks, and actually have results pop up. However when I turn my TV off and then back on, it is disconnected from the wifi and the issue starts over. It is only resolved by me resetting network connection in advanced settings. However I don’t want to have to re-enter my wifi password and reset network settings every single time I want to watch TV. My WiFi is fine with no problems, however I have reset my wifi router to rule out if it was an issue with the wifi itself. However this is clearly an issue with my TV itself.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Having to reset network connection everytime I turn on Hisense Roku TV

Hi @Kylielauryn,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand you are having connectivity issues with your Hisense Roku TV, and we appreciate the steps you took to resolve the issue.

Resetting your network connection resolved the issue, but you'll need to do it whenever you want to watch TV.

In this case, we would recommend giving it a shot once again. Then, restart your Roku TV from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power > System restart (if you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.)

Please keep us posted on how it goes, and we'll continue assisting you from there.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kylielauryn
Reel Rookie

Thank you, I did that and when I turned my TV back on the issue still persisted. 

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for the update, @Kylielauryn.

We understand you are still experiencing connectivity issues on your Hisense Roku TV, and we'd be more than happy to investigate further.

For us to better help you, we will ask a set of questions to isolate the issue:

• What is your device's OS version?
  • Are you encountering any error codes or messages?
  • Who your ISP is? (Internet service provider) and what is the make and model of your router?
  • Have you tried connecting your Roku TV to an alternate wireless network, like a mobile hotspot, to see if the same issue occurs?

For troubleshooting purposes, we recommend performing a factory reset from the settings menu by following the steps below:

1. Press Home on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select System
  4. Select advanced system settings
  5. Select Factory reset
  6. If you have a Roku TV, select Factory reset everything. Otherwise, move to the next step.
  7. Follow the on-screen instructions.

If the issue persists, provide us with the specifics such as follows:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and current software version. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)

We look forward to hearing your response and receiving your device details.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.