wfopete
Reel Rookie

Future Roku Streambar updates?

Considering purchasing a Roku Streambar to replace my 3820r Streaming Stick, Bose Solo 5 bar and get the OS12 update.  How upgradable has Roku made this latest Streambar?  I don't want to buy one and find out in a year that the system will not accept future software/firmware updates. 

Thanks, Pete.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Future Roku Streambar updates?

Hi @wfopete,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We understand that you wanted to know more about the new Roku streambar. We're glad to assist you. A Roku Streambar features powerful 4K streaming and premium sound in one compact device. Not only do you upgrade your sound with crisp, clear dialogue and louder volume, but you also upgrade your TV with Roku streaming.

You can also check out this support article here on getting to know your Roku streambar.

If there's anything else that we can do to assist you, please let us know.
Best regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
wfopete
Reel Rookie

Well you didn't answer the one question I had  (how upgradable is the Streambar?).  I guess that this Streambar is on it's way out and will be replaced by a better model. 

Thanks, Pete

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for your response. @wfopete.

Each Roku device is unique but shares the same streaming experience. This device is still capable of receiving updates and future updates.

If you're referring to a new model, we have the upgraded version, which is the Roku Steambar Pro. In regards to future models, we don't have much information to share with you at the moment.

I hope this answers your query!

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
Dfresh567
Roku Guru

I have the Roku Streambar Pro and it has been super solid no issues and easy set up. If you’re looking to upgrade, I would recommend this device.

0 Kudos