Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Taboc741

Full Surround Sound Bundle of Roku speakers and Modern Dolby/DTS compatibility

Jump to solution

I have a Roku TV and I'd like to upgrade from my decades old 2.1 Visio soundbar to something a little more modern.  I also don't want to run wires to the rear speakers.  The Full Surround Sound Bundle from Roku is actually in my budget range for this and a decent contender compared to other systems of comparable cost and quality.  One problem though is I can't seem to get an answer on if after setting this up if it would support audio codecs more modern than the 20yr old Stereo + Sub 2.1 Dolby Digital.  If I have the full kit what flavors of Surround sound would the set up support?  Clearly I'll have more than stereo and a Sub, but I can't find any marketing material stating what else it'll support.  I know that's hard to print because it depends on how many speakers a customer procures, but if we assume I buy the full 6 speaker set what can I reasonably expect to have work?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Full Surround Sound Bundle of Roku speakers and Modern Dolby/DTS compatibility

Jump to solution

Hello! @Taboc741,

Thank you for sharing your post in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you reaching out to us about how to build a Roku surround sound. We're pleased to assist.

With Roku audio devices, you can easily add stereo sound or surround sound to any TV without the hassle of wires and the complicated setup typical of most surround sound systems.

This article provides information about the different audio configurations you can achieve depending on what TV and Roku audio products you own. This article also links your Roku sound system's setup and troubleshooting articles. Please check this out here.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Full Surround Sound Bundle of Roku speakers and Modern Dolby/DTS compatibility

Jump to solution

Hello! @Taboc741,

Thank you for sharing your post in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you reaching out to us about how to build a Roku surround sound. We're pleased to assist.

With Roku audio devices, you can easily add stereo sound or surround sound to any TV without the hassle of wires and the complicated setup typical of most surround sound systems.

This article provides information about the different audio configurations you can achieve depending on what TV and Roku audio products you own. This article also links your Roku sound system's setup and troubleshooting articles. Please check this out here.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Try to Roku with bluetooth speaker 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.