Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Solenya
Reel Rookie

Re: Fire tv cube freezes on hisense roku tv

Jump to solution

I just had this issue today. Cube has been fine on Samsung, Phillips and lately LG…… Had to get a Hisense and it’s taken me most of the day trying to figure out what “was” wrong..

I discovered early on that the cube will work with the Hisense Roku but only after you have forced the TV into hdmi compatibility mode (1.4).

This means that you cant just use your TV remote and pretty sure the picture and audio are stunted to 1060 etc.

I eventually spoke to Amazon Fire support and they knew immediately the problem  and it’s just Hisense Roku - they didnt say why but I assume some sort of licensing problem. 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Solenya

Thanks for posting here in the Community.

Have you tried contacting the TV manufacturer to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS.

You can reach them here: Support - Hisense USA

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
Solenya
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks

I spoke to Matthew there yesterday and he says he is reliably informed that they have a cube working with Hisense Roku TVs. They hadn't heard of a compatibility issue. 

They have offered to send out an engineer but I asked them first to test their cube on a couple of TVs, hopefully my specific model. 

Hisense 55A7200GTUK

0 Kudos
Solenya
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I hadnt heard from Hisense regarding this issue so I chased them up over the last few days. The first guy said they havent got any amazon devices to test with. The second guy said there is a known compatibility issue but it is intermittent in that it affects some TVs and not others. I asked about a potential fix.  I suggested they ask  Amazon for a few devices to test and I got a kind of shrug.

0 Kudos
wbuchan42
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

There are hidden settings on Roku tv accessed through the handset. Google hidden setting’s for Roku tv. There are 10 hidden menus look for hdmi. Then change the setting linked to cube. Worked perfectly after this.

0 Kudos