Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mottco

Element roku tv screen not working

Jump to solution

I have a 70in element roku tv. The screen went off and the sound was still playing. Turned the tv off and now the screen blinks on 1 time and doesn't come on. I can still hear sounds though. What would be wrong with it

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Element roku tv screen not working

Jump to solution

LCD TVs (most TVs today are LCD based) require some sort of backlighting to illuminate the LCD panels. It sounds like your backlight is failing/failed. It is possible to have those lights replaced, but you would need to contact Element for support.

Element       
https://www.elementelectronics.com/support/
https://www.elementelectronics.com/support/get-help/
1-888-842-3577

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @Mottco 

Welcome to the Roku Community.

We came across your post regarding an issue with your Roku TV that the screen went off but the sound is still heard, and we understand your situation. For this matter, we recommend reaching out to Element's support directly to be assisted further since it appears to be a power/hardware-related issue that the manufacturer can help and address.

Roku TV manufacturers design and build their TV models, as they only use Roku as the main operating system of their TV. 

For more information with their contact details, please be guided here: Contacting Support for your Roku TV.

You can also refer to @atc98092's post for the direct contact information for Element TV's support.

We hope this will be sorted out soon.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

LCD TVs (most TVs today are LCD based) require some sort of backlighting to illuminate the LCD panels. It sounds like your backlight is failing/failed. It is possible to have those lights replaced, but you would need to contact Element for support.

Element       
https://www.elementelectronics.com/support/
https://www.elementelectronics.com/support/get-help/
1-888-842-3577

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @Mottco 

Welcome to the Roku Community.

We came across your post regarding an issue with your Roku TV that the screen went off but the sound is still heard, and we understand your situation. For this matter, we recommend reaching out to Element's support directly to be assisted further since it appears to be a power/hardware-related issue that the manufacturer can help and address.

Roku TV manufacturers design and build their TV models, as they only use Roku as the main operating system of their TV. 

For more information with their contact details, please be guided here: Contacting Support for your Roku TV.

You can also refer to @atc98092's post for the direct contact information for Element TV's support.

We hope this will be sorted out soon.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.