Discussions

Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sooznd
Binge Watcher

Difference between Roku Smart Soundbar & new Streambar Pro?

Jump to solution

I have a Roku streambar for my old 2009 Samsung TV and recently purchased a Smart Sound bar for my newer Sony TV. I am very pleased with both.

I've also added the surround speakers and soon will be adding the sub to the Sony TV in my living room. I just read about the new Streambar Pro available in May. I am wondering if there is any difference between it and the Roku Smart sound bar I already have? Any advantage to getting it to replace the smart sound bar?

Thanks

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Difference between Roku Smart Soundbar & new Streambar Pro?

Jump to solution

@sooznd

Thanks for the inquiry.

Unfortunately we no longer have the Roku Soundbar for a direct comparison, but you can compare the Roku Streambar to the new Streambar Pro as well as it's feature on our Products page here: https://www.roku.com/products/compare

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @sooznd,

Thanks for the follow up question.

Please be noted that Roku Streambar Pro is the new version of the Roku Smart Soundbar. They’re basically the same except Roku Streambar Pro includes a voice remote with TV controls, personal shortcut buttons, and headphones for private listening, while Roku Smart Soundbar comes with a standard voice remote with TV controls.

I hope this answers your concern. You can also visit our official website or your reference: Roku Streambar Pro | All-In-One Streaming Soundbar for TV| United States | Roku

Thanks,

Mary

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@sooznd

Thanks for the inquiry.

Unfortunately we no longer have the Roku Soundbar for a direct comparison, but you can compare the Roku Streambar to the new Streambar Pro as well as it's feature on our Products page here: https://www.roku.com/products/compare

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
sooznd
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Thanks. Apparently the Streambar Pro is replacing the Smart Sound bar which I just purchased.  Since I cannot compare the two- isn't there a legacy page with the specs somewhere on Roku's website? As far as I can tell there is no difference other than in the remote. I also have the little stream bar on a smaller tv.

0 Kudos
olegos
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I thought the Smart Soundbar was an obsolete product and that's why wasn't listed on the web site. But today I got an email from Roku promoting it as "The ultimate 2-in-1 upgrade". What's going on? Why isn't it listed on the main web site? (The email has a link that opens details of the Smart Soundbar, but the link apparently doesn't work if I'm not logged in to my Roku account.) Could you answer the question asked here, what's the difference with the Streambar Pro?  The description of the features doesn't go into enough details to be able to tell the difference. Which one has better/more powerful speakers? Processor and memory? HDR? (which standard?)

olegos
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

This is what the current page of Smart Soundbar that apparently only I can see says:

Roku Smart Soundbar

Upgrade to cinematic sound & powerful 4K streaming with Roku Smart Soundbar.

Add and enjoy premium sound and powerful streaming to any TV with Roku Smart Soundbar. Fill your room with vibrant sound, crisp dialogue, and dynamic bass while streaming your favorite entertainment in stunning detail and clarity.

Features:

• Premium sound quality with crisp dialogue & dynamic bass
  • Stream with the built-in Roku player or a Bluetooth® device
  • Simple setup with included Premium High Speed HDMI® Cable
  • Stream free TV, live news, sports, movies, music, and more
  • Voice remote with TV power and volume buttons
  • Works with any TV with an HDMI® port
  • Expandable with Roku Wireless Speakers for immersive surround sound
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Just accept there is no difference in hardware with speaker itself, same speaker size and audio output. What software is different will be upgraded to match each other. So the only difference is the roku remote. The Streambar pro will come with Enhanced voice remote and headphones. This is NOT the new rechargeable Voice Pro just released, it takes batteries that are included. The Voice Pro remote has no battery compartment access like enhanced voice remote has. 

So they have a few of the old Smart Soundbar they're discounting and using as upgrade offer. Its not available to general public anymore. I'm sure there are retailers with old stock, so becareful when purchasing from outside roku. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
olegos
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I'm not sure that for example HDR support is just software. And why wouldn't they use a newer processor in a new product. (If indeed the Smart Soundbar is just an old product being discontinued.)

0 Kudos
sooznd
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I sure hope it isn't obsolete. I just bought mine from Amazon last week! From everything I have read, the remote is the only thing different with some shortcut buttons and a plug for headphones which I do not really need. It can be upgraded to the new Roku 10.0  and apparently have the same capabilities as the Streambar Pro. I read you can also purchase the new remote if you want for $25.

Roku- please explain the differences- or is it a name change only?

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @sooznd,

Thanks for the follow up question.

Please be noted that Roku Streambar Pro is the new version of the Roku Smart Soundbar. They’re basically the same except Roku Streambar Pro includes a voice remote with TV controls, personal shortcut buttons, and headphones for private listening, while Roku Smart Soundbar comes with a standard voice remote with TV controls.

I hope this answers your concern. You can also visit our official website or your reference: Roku Streambar Pro | All-In-One Streaming Soundbar for TV| United States | Roku

Thanks,

Mary

sooznd
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Thank you Mary. Good to know the Roku Smart Soundbar I recently purchased is basically the same as the new Soundbar Pro. I can always add the new remote if I want.

0 Kudos