Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ss98

Crash during a show on the Roku channel, had to restart and rewatch commercials, twice

I was watching "Merlin," season 1, episode 3. A commercial break occurred. At the end of a Covid 19 vaccine/CVS commerical, the screen froze, showing a frame of the commercial. Nothing I tried with the remote could get it to advance, rewind or continue playing. I pressed Back and was able to resume the show where I left off -- after being subjected to 2 minutes more of commercials. This happened twice during the same show. If this continues with other shows, I will no longer watch the channel.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Ktgamba

Re: Crash during a show on the Roku channel, had to restart and rewatch commercials, twice

Same thing happen to me.  I see no resolution in any of the comments.  It only happens on one of the TVs I have a Roku device on.   I have tried settings, rebooting the system, updating the firmware, to no avail.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Crash during a show on the Roku channel, had to restart and rewatch commercials, twice

Hi @Ktgamba @ss98,

Thanks for the post, and we appreciate you for letting us know about this. We'd like to help.

Could you tell us if this playback happens when streaming Live TV content or an on-demand show? We also suggest accessing it using an alternative mobile hotspot and see if there are any differences.

Let us know more about this so that we can further look into it.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
april03817

I have been same issues of Roku TV crashing when watching on demand. Being annoyed of this issue, I wanted to see if anyone knows why this is happening and how to resolve it.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @april03817,

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried the suggested option provided right above your post? Please let us know if that works.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.