frankiez
Channel Surfer

Re: Connections needed for Streambar

Jump to solution

different issue:Am attempting to setup Streambar Pro.Every connection is as instructed in the setup instructions.My problem is that thr:Follow on-screen setup does not come up.Am attempting installation on an existing Roku Ultra Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

The streambar Pro doesn't connect directly to roku Ultra, it replaces a Roku Ultra, they're the same thing Roku streamer, but the streambar pro has speaker attached. I'm not saying you can't connect both to the same tv? But there is no need. If you want better sound from your tv and have streamer to boot, just use the streambar pro. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
frankiez
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thank you;your directions worked perfectly.That said I do not recall anywhere in the sales literature where it mentions the the Streambar Pro replaces RokuUltra.Would have saved me a lot of time and aggravation.

Again Thank you.

0 Kudos
jwight01
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

It doesn't replace the Ultra in the Roku lineup, it is another Roku streaming device.

0 Kudos
frankiez
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thank you,I knew that .My issue was/is that ROKU did not make it apparent that the Streambar Pro would replace the ROKU Ultra.Moreover,nowhere in the sales literature for the Streambar Pro does it indicate that it replaces the ROKU ULTRA resulting in my having to spend a couple days with customer no-service attempting to figure out the proper installation procedure.Finally someone on Community educated me and I hooked it up in a few minutes.Again I did not think nor infer that the Streambar Pro replaced anything,I looked upon it as an accessory to an existing system that happened to be ROKU ULTRA.Finally ROKU could do a much better job with customer service and fully explaining the intricacies of their products;and educate their customer service staff as well.

0 Kudos
jwight01
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

"I looked upon it as an accessory to an existing system that happened to be ROKU ULTRA"

Operator error...

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @jwight01,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

I'd be happy to take a closer look to see how we can help get you up and running.

Can you please provide us with more specific information about the issue you are experiencing? What are you seeing on screen? Can you provide a screenshot of the issue you are experiencing? In addition, can you please specify the exact steps you are taking to reproduce this issue so we can investigate further?
Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
OBG

Jump to solution

Sorry guys, but I find ll these responses a little misleading and confusing, especially in regards to the Soundbar Pro.  The reality is, you do not need either the ARC HDMI port, or the Optical output from your TV in order to use the Soundbar.  Here is why;  The Roku soundbar will output video on the HDMI pot of the soundbar and that d=feeds into your HDIM inout on your TV or Projector.  The ROKU soundbar plays the audio from the streamed channel directly through the soundbar and never sends it to the TV. So, if all you want to use is the ROKU device, you only need a simple HDMI output to your display device.

Why do you need or want the ARC output or Optical output from  your TV connected to your Soundbar?  Simple.  If you have a DVD/BlueRay/other devices connected to your TV, then the audio from those devices are routed through their HDMI input and out the Optical and ARC Channel HDMI port.  If the optical or ARC are connected to the Roku Soundbar, then the soundbar will play the audio of the selected device.  This allows you to have one soundbar to play audio from all your connected devices.

I learned all this while trying to get either optical, audio out or ARC audio from my TV to a hearing aid bluetooth device.  This send my TV audio to my hearing aids and allows me to listen to TV with my family without blasting the volume. (it sucks to have haring loss).  After a couple of days and much research I learned that my device was not working because the ROKU never sends the audio to the TV to be redistributed.  I my case,I am returning the Soundbar, which is sad because it was a good solution otherwise.  For those that will point out that I could use private listening on my phone, or headphones through the remote.... That is fine, except it mutes the Soundbar and my family cannot join in the show. 🙂

I hope this helps 

0 Kudos
ChaosKid
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I found on the latest update of Roku streambar I didn’t need digital from tv it just required regular hdmi and I had sound after I set it up. 
not using hdmi arc as my tv don’t have that it’s a 2010 Samsung hdtv

0 Kudos
jwight01
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Do you have sound from streaming programs as well as sound from programs originating on your TV?

0 Kudos