cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tommyjw6206
Channel Surfer

Connecting to Klipsche Soundbar via Bluetooth

Jump to solution

Just setting up a Roku Pro Series TV 65".  I can only pair to a Klipsch sound bar via bluetooth as "headphones", not "soundbar".  The Klipsch soundbar doesn't even show up when the Roku TV scans soundbars.  Is soundbar pairing a different technology?  I'm hoping i can adjust volume on the Klipsche soundbar if it can be paired as a "soundbar". As "headphone", i can only mute.

Please assist and thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Connecting to Klipsche Soundbar via Bluetooth

Jump to solution

Thanks for reaching out here in the Roku Community, @tommyjw6206!

We appreciate you raising your concern and letting us know you're encountering an issue using your Soundbar to Roku Pro Series TV. We want to help you sort this out. 

Have you attempted to connect your Soundbar directly to your TV using the HDMI cable in the (eARC) input port? If you haven't done so yet, we highly recommend trying this method to determine if it impacts sound quality or performance.

Let us know if this works for you. 

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for reaching out here in the Roku Community, @tommyjw6206!

We appreciate you raising your concern and letting us know you're encountering an issue using your Soundbar to Roku Pro Series TV. We want to help you sort this out. 

Have you attempted to connect your Soundbar directly to your TV using the HDMI cable in the (eARC) input port? If you haven't done so yet, we highly recommend trying this method to determine if it impacts sound quality or performance.

Let us know if this works for you. 

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@tommyjw6206 

Roku's cannot connect via bluetooth to ANY brand of speaker. Roku's use wifi-direct to connect to Roku wireless speakers, which is completely different form of RF. Roku sells 4 different models of Soundbar's, only one of them is wireless, the other three have to be connected via hdmi cable to Roku tv. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
tommyjw6206
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

My soundbar is older and doesn't have the eARC HDMI input.  If i buy one that has he eARC HDMI, will the Roku remote control the volume on it?

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.