cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gnoweigh

Connecting an LG subwoofer to Streambar Pro

Jump to solution

Hello Everyone,

So I got a Roku Streambar Pro soundbar as a work a work anniversary gift. I was using an LG soundbar but it was having some issues and the front display was almost impossible to read.  Had some real learning issues getting my Samsung TV and the Streambar to peacefully coexist but it's working now.

We have a bluetooth LG subwoofer that used to be paired to the LG soundbar. It is still in great shape and I would like to pair it to the Streambar but the SBP will NOT recognize the LG subwoofer.  The subwoofer only has a pairing button on it. No reset button. So my choices were press the pairing button of unplug it.  I have tried both.

Press/hold the pairing button and it blinks blue. I go into the add subwoofer section of the Roku settings and it looks for several minutes and then fails.  I put the subwoofer directly in front of the Streambar and it makes no difference.

Is there any way to get the Streambar Pro to connect to the LG subwoofer?

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Connecting an LG subwoofer to Streambar Pro

Jump to solution

Hello! @Gnoweigh,

Thank you for your post in the Roku Community!

We understand your concern with connecting your LG subwoofer to a Roku Streambar Pro, and we are more than happy to assist you with this. 

Roku Streambar Pro will only work with Roku Wireless Bass or Roku Wireless Bass ProFor immersive surround effects, you can add Roku wireless speakers to the back of your room or install a pair in the front and another in the back for a full 5.1 surround sound experience.

For more detailed information, please check it here: How to set up your Roku Streambar Pro or Roku Smart Soundbar

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Connecting an LG subwoofer to Streambar Pro

Jump to solution

Hello! @Gnoweigh,

Thank you for your post in the Roku Community!

We understand your concern with connecting your LG subwoofer to a Roku Streambar Pro, and we are more than happy to assist you with this. 

Roku Streambar Pro will only work with Roku Wireless Bass or Roku Wireless Bass ProFor immersive surround effects, you can add Roku wireless speakers to the back of your room or install a pair in the front and another in the back for a full 5.1 surround sound experience.

For more detailed information, please check it here: How to set up your Roku Streambar Pro or Roku Smart Soundbar

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.