cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Caudata64
Reel Rookie

Connecting a bluetooth device to my Roku TV

Jump to solution

My Phillips Roku tv doesn't have "wireless headphones" under the Remotes and Devices. Is there another way to connect my Bluetooth headphones to the tv?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Connecting a bluetooth device to my Roku TV

Jump to solution

Hello! @Caudata64,

Thank you for posting in the Roku Community!

We appreciate your reaching out about connecting a Bluetooth device to your Roku TV and are pleased to assist you.

Streaming Bluetooth audio to your Roku streaming device requires just two simple steps: pairing your smartphone, tablet, or computer the first time and then connecting your device whenever you want to use it.

You can connect a Bluetooth-capable smartphone, tablet, or laptop to the Roku TV system with Roku wireless speakers, Roku TV Wireless Soundbar, or TCL Roku TV Wireless Soundbar.

To add Bluetooth capability to your TV, you will need to pair Roku Wireless Speakers or a Roku TV Wireless Soundbar.

How to pair your Bluetooth device

Use the following instructions to start the pairing process on your Roku device.

1. Press Home on your Roku remote 

2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select Remotes & devices
  4. Select Smartphones & tablets
  5. Select Add a new smartphone or tablet

When you see the pairing screen, go to your smartphone, tablet, or computer and use the next steps to complete the pairing process.

1. Open Bluetooth settings on your smartphone, tablet, or computer
  2. Make sure Bluetooth is turned on
  3. Wait a moment for your Bluetooth device to scan for devices and discover your Roku device
  4. Select your Roku device from the list of available devices

After you complete the pairing process, your Roku device will appear in the list of paired devices on your smartphone, tablet, or computer. In addition, your Bluetooth device will appear under Smartphones & tablets on your Roku device.

For additional information on how to connect a Bluetooth device, please refer to this link here.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello! @Caudata64,

Thank you for posting in the Roku Community!

We appreciate your reaching out about connecting a Bluetooth device to your Roku TV and are pleased to assist you.

Streaming Bluetooth audio to your Roku streaming device requires just two simple steps: pairing your smartphone, tablet, or computer the first time and then connecting your device whenever you want to use it.

You can connect a Bluetooth-capable smartphone, tablet, or laptop to the Roku TV system with Roku wireless speakers, Roku TV Wireless Soundbar, or TCL Roku TV Wireless Soundbar.

To add Bluetooth capability to your TV, you will need to pair Roku Wireless Speakers or a Roku TV Wireless Soundbar.

How to pair your Bluetooth device

Use the following instructions to start the pairing process on your Roku device.

1. Press Home on your Roku remote 

2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select Remotes & devices
  4. Select Smartphones & tablets
  5. Select Add a new smartphone or tablet

When you see the pairing screen, go to your smartphone, tablet, or computer and use the next steps to complete the pairing process.

1. Open Bluetooth settings on your smartphone, tablet, or computer
  2. Make sure Bluetooth is turned on
  3. Wait a moment for your Bluetooth device to scan for devices and discover your Roku device
  4. Select your Roku device from the list of available devices

After you complete the pairing process, your Roku device will appear in the list of paired devices on your smartphone, tablet, or computer. In addition, your Bluetooth device will appear under Smartphones & tablets on your Roku device.

For additional information on how to connect a Bluetooth device, please refer to this link here.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Caudata64
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Unfortunately "smart phones and tablets" are not under Remotes and Devices either.

There is only:

Remotes

Soundbars

Speakers 

SubWoofers

My Onn Roku TV is the same way. 

Thank you 

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

@Caudata64,

Thanks for following up!

Just to confirm that we haven't overlooked anything mentioned, you can connect a Bluetooth-capable smartphone, tablet, or laptop to the Roku TV system with Roku wireless speakers, Roku TV Wireless Soundbar, or TCL Roku TV Wireless Soundbar.

You must pair Roku Wireless Speakers or a Roku TV Wireless Soundbar to add Bluetooth capability to your TV.

Regards,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Caudata64
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I want to pair my Bluetooth headphones to my Roku TV so I can listen to the TV using the headphones 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.