Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DOlds2016

Connecting a Soundbar to my TCL Roku 55" TV

Jump to solution

I just received a new soundbar/subwoofer system to connect to my TCL Roku 55" television because the sound is ridiculously low and it has to be turned up passed 60 to barely be able to hear it. Now, I have hooked up my soundbar system, and when I turn the volume up, the TV volume goes almost to max volume and I can still barely hear the sound from my soundbar system too. How do I fix that?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Connecting a Soundbar to my TCL Roku 55" TV

Jump to solution

Hi @DOlds2016,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We see that you're having an audio issue after you have set up your Soundbar/Subwoofer, and we certainly want to help. This issue might lie with the system settings that is set on your Roku TV. To manage this, press Home on your Roku remote, scroll down to Settings and select Audio > Digital output format. Instead of “Auto”, select “Custom” and choose the selection that matches the capabilities of your TV, AVR or soundbar. For more information about adjusting the volume on your Roku TV with a soundbar, kindly refer to this support article at this link: How do I adjust audio settings on my Roku TV Ready™ soundbar?

Please let us know what you find out.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Connecting a Soundbar to my TCL Roku 55" TV

Jump to solution

Hi @DOlds2016,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We see that you're having an audio issue after you have set up your Soundbar/Subwoofer, and we certainly want to help. This issue might lie with the system settings that is set on your Roku TV. To manage this, press Home on your Roku remote, scroll down to Settings and select Audio > Digital output format. Instead of “Auto”, select “Custom” and choose the selection that matches the capabilities of your TV, AVR or soundbar. For more information about adjusting the volume on your Roku TV with a soundbar, kindly refer to this support article at this link: How do I adjust audio settings on my Roku TV Ready™ soundbar?

Please let us know what you find out.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.