Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Connect a record player on Bluetooth

Roku's Bluetooth capabilities was only for cellphones and tablets. But recent upgrade now allows Bluetooth  headphones. Nothing else Bluetooth will work. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
MichaelRKirk
Channel Surfer

My bluetooth turntable has connected perfectly.

0 Kudos
RebelLion1519
Binge Watcher

That's what I had pretty much figured and that's a real bummer. There's no other way to connect a non HDMI audio source then right? The USB is only for media on a flashdrive? It's frustrating that I really haven't had this soundbar very long, and other than this I've been pretty happy with it, but I guess I'm looking to upgrade my audio again to something with more inputs.

0 Kudos
Juliov
Reel Rookie

You can connect the turn table as "headphones". 

0 Kudos
RebelLion1519
Binge Watcher

Thanks, but no dice for me. Had tried before and just tried again. Doesn't detect it. It seems to me that pairing a phone would be the soundbar as the receiver, which is what we'd want for this, and pairing headphones would be the soundbar as the transmitter.

0 Kudos
mdmorris
Reel Rookie

Which record player do you have? Looking to upgrade and use my Roku soundbar, sub, and speakers. 

0 Kudos
Juliov
Reel Rookie

i have the Audio technica - AT-Lp60xbt

RebelLion1519
Binge Watcher

I have the none BT version with a Bluetooth transmitter. So the one with built in BT is detected as headphones even though it's the input and the Roku is the output? You mind posting a pic of how it shows up in the Roku Bluetooth settings? If it connects, wonder why my transmitter doesn't. But then I could just upgrade my turntable or maybe get a better transmitter instead of having to replace the soundbar (and then get another Roku player).

0 Kudos
MichaelRKirk
Channel Surfer

Your issue is probably the transmitter.  I use the Sony PS-LX310BT turntable.  I do agree that the 'headphones' option is confusing and doesn't make since but it does work.  Once connected, it plays over my Roku speakers instantly without having to do anything but push play on the turntable.  

0 Kudos
RebelLion1519
Binge Watcher

Well that's a relatively simple fix then, do you think I could maybe get a better transmitter or should just go all the way for a better turntable? Any particular spec I need to be looking at other than "built-in Bluetooth"?

0 Kudos