moonbinas

Issues with Roku audio? ( Roku )

I have a Roku 3, and intermittently, the sound will start getting static-y and garbled. I pause whatever show I'm watching, unplug the HDMI, re-plug it back in, and we're back in business, no static.

I'm tempted to just replace the HDMI and see what happens, but before I do that, is this an issue with anyone else that has a Roku?

This happens in all apps, Netflix, Amazon, HBO GO, Plex, etc.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Re: Issues with Roku audio? ( Roku )

Hi @moonbinas

Welcome to the Roku Community!

If you are experiencing sound issues with your Roku 3, there are a few potential causes and troubleshooting steps you can take:

• Check your HDMI cable: As you mentioned, a faulty HDMI cable can cause issues with sound quality. Try replacing the HDMI cable and see if the issue persists.
  • Check the audio settings on your Roku: Make sure that the audio settings on your Roku are properly configured. Go to "Settings" > "Audio" and make sure that the correct audio settings are selected for your TV and sound system.
  • Restart your Roku: Sometimes, simply restarting your Roku can resolve the issue. Go to "Settings" > "System" > "System restart" and select "Restart".
  • Update your Roku software: Ensure that your Roku is running the latest version of its operating system. Go to "Settings" > "System" > "System update" > "Check now" to see if an update is available.
  • Check your sound system: If you're using an external sound system, such as a soundbar or home theater system, try troubleshooting the sound system itself. Ensure that all connections are secure and that the sound system is properly configured.

We hope it helps!

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos