Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DK7777
Reel Rookie

Re: Program guide is wrong and is listing repeated programs on the channel.

Jump to solution

Let me say this...  I am a retired electronic maintenance manager that was responsible for the operation of over 7000 different pieces of hardware.  We rolled out updated code a LOT!!!  BUT, before that happened, it was thoroughly lab tested and approved before downloading.  Then, if a problem turned up in the production environment, a decision was made as to whether or not that problem was mission critical, or if it was not, could we limp along until a patch could fix it in the very near future.  If critical, it was immediately rolled back until resolved.

Now OBVIOUSLY what I see here is that your 10.xx code broke my channel guide along with countless others in different markets.  There are many replies, including myself that provide ROKU with all details, yet you continue to ask for the same info.  Again, OBVIOUSLY your teams either don't know what they are doing, or we're just forced to experience this frustration because your team deems it to be tolerable for your customers.  I for one, am totally disgusted with how you guys are handling this.  

If you know what the problem is, fix it.  If not, then roll back the code and let us be...

Don't kid yourself, you ARE losing customers, and are going to continue losing, including myself.

I have always been a patient and understanding manager/individual, but what I cannot stand and will not tolerate is BS and lies.   Which is ROKU support providing?    PLEASE, FIX THIS and quit offering dead end requests just to blow us off longer & longer.  

I would normally end my correspondence with a "thank you", but I am too pissed to thank you for anything except breaking by device.  So I won't.

cappuccino
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Thank you, sir. Also a longtime software developer and I've rarely seen such a blatant screw-up. I'm from the days when people tested their code.

I'm ignoring Mary's request for more details. She's only creating busywork before a mountain of evidence. If Roku wants more examples, why don't they turn on their own Roku TVs--surely they use Roku TVs at home? (sarcasm)--and troubleshoot those. This is happening all over the country and with every brand of Roku TV.

65" Hisense Roku TV (Costco model #65R7G5)
OTA TV antenna (indoor $20 RCA rabbit ears)
scottjb63
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

As a software engineer, I suggest that the Roku developer find at least one instance where the data is wrong and check the datasource to determine if it is wrong in the data or processed incorrectly in the software.  Then, if in the software they have visibility to try to isolate thru logs or debugger where it might go wrong. It seems perhaps it could be a multi-thread issue with improper locking where a rows data is overwritten by the next rows data. Perhaps while merge/sort data for ZOTA and IPTV. 

if the error is in the datasource, perhaps from some other organization, a valuable new feature can easily pacify the masses. Adding a setting option to select where to get the OTA guide information, either from internet connection or from the broadcast. This should be an easy enhancement and avoid the annoyance while the problem is resolved, also it provides redundancy for better reliability. 

DK7777
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Well said both cappuccino and scottjb63.,  If we can keep getting reliable feedback like this, **bleep**, we might even be able to hold their hands and lead them to a resolve.  If they listen.

Thanks for jumping in.

Meeee
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@RokuMary-F @RokuDanny-R @RokuKariza-D 

Zip: 99027

Roku TV: D209X

Hisense Model:40H4+

Serial # X00700SGYE6J

Device ID: S0FDD1CGYE6J

Software OS/Version (as of 6/19/22): 11.0.0 Build 4193-CP

The instructions in this thread to provide the version/build of the channel #, and the Tracker ID on affected channels, does not work (If I press the * when on home screen, it does not provide the version/build, and if I press the Home Button 5 times when on the affected channel it takes me to the Home page and pressing the back button 5 times after this just takes me some place crazy – it does NOT display the tracker ID of the affected channel)

See Screen prints of all the local channels that are telling me nonsense:Roku1.JPG

Roku2.JPG

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Very interesting, sounds great, if only they could implement.

They used to have an old setting where you didn't have to view the channels they provide. Could just be as easy as putting that option back.

And then again ota, just kinda went through and is still going through a ota 3.

Where your viewing habits would be translated on your antenna, and sent back to transmitter.

I'm not to good on that , but check out antenna man on you tube he me even be doing new videos on the atsc3 transfer.

But all in all I think your idea of chosing program guide feed preference. Is so far the best patch. 

They should have no problem with all the open ports to screw things up, (sarcasm). Lol. They'll eventually get it.

In the meantime Peace out

Anonymous
Not applicable

OTA 3.0 Transition may be altering channel guide accuracy?

Jump to solution

Everybody's channel guides see to be going KrAzY lately 

Could it have something to do with all the ota stations upgrading there transmissions?

And will we all have to get new ota3 tv sets? Or another box type adapter?

It seems the recent updates, did a lot of damage. 

Maybe Roku should look into the ota transition in each region, independently, because if that's the case, this will take forever to fix.

Antenna man you tube may know a lot about the this.

He certainly knows antenna's. If anyone can help with this topic it may stir new answers for Roku.

Thanks Peace out

0 Kudos
optikhog
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I don't know if anyone else is experiencing this, but on two of my TV's, several subchannels I had hidden reappeared spontaneously.  And all contain the exact same incorrect guide information, of course.

0 Kudos
llfull60
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Hope they fix this problem soon, so annoying.

Re: Channel Guide Info incorrect

Jump to solution

Shower thought here,

Any possibility that EPG server is sending out a corrupted xml file?