Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mariau2886
Reel Rookie

Cannot connect internet to 40" Onn Roku TV?

i can't connect to my internet 40’ onntv roku .. 100005395

0 Kudos
28 REPLIES 28
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Cannot connect internet to 40" Onn Roku TV?

@Mariau2886 

Thanks for the inquiry.

We recommend rebooting both your wireless router and your Roku TV.

We would also recommend taking a look at the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support page here: What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Wilson1968

I am having the same issue with the 50" onn ruku tv.  I am connected to wifi, won't connect to the Internet.  Have rebooted the tv, router, and Internet provider box.  Nope. Nothing. Was working earlier today. 

barnard1964
Reel Rookie

Same issue here. After updating the latest software, old tv would cycle over and over endlessly. Would never find networks. All other wireless items still work. TV under warranty, shop replaced all boards in tv. Said it was good to go. Came home same issue. ONN customer service gave me a refund. Ordered a new Onn TV tried to set it up today. All was going well until it downloaded the latest updates. Then I am back to no network access. Can't connect any longer. Need Help.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@barnard1964 

Thanks for the post.

We recommend rebooting both your wireless router and your Roku device.

I'd also recommend trying to connect your device to an alternate network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you can activate and update your Roku TV. Then once your TV is setup, try switching back to your home wireless network.

In addition, please check out some wireless troubleshooting tips on our Support page here: Tips for improving the wireless connection to your Roku® streaming device

Keep us posted with what you find out. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
B-win

I'm having the same problem with tmy 24" Onn.  It won't even find my main network.  It used to then one day it just stopped.  It can find all of my neighbors, even my neighbor across the street.  But not mine.  I've restated the TV, I've restarted the modem/roter/gateway. I've moved the TV to within 3 feet of the router.  No difference.  Doesn't fin my 5G network anymore and on the secondary network it keeps going out and saying no internet.  No other device in the house has the problem or has ever had this problem.  Oh and the Onn customer service were AWFUL!!!!  What a piece of junk I'm stuck with now.  

Choctoya

Reset TV

0 Kudos
groovyweda

I had the same problem. This just fixed it. 
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WLdLXqk7a50

EdgarGamez

Im having the smae problom i alredy did evry thing rebooted the routor and reset my tv and factory reset it to and still not abel to get internet on my tv what do i do know ...

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@EdgarGamez 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-when did this issue start to occur

Once we have this information we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate team.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos