Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
barnard1964
Reel Rookie

Re: Cannot connect internet to 40" Onn Roku TV?

If you have a usb drive installed, try removing it and restarting the tv and setup process. This procedure solved my problem. The latest update caused issues with the USB drive and it would only loop and not find any connections. Hopes this solves your problem. If it does please repost and share.

0 Kudos
ChrystalToone
Reel Rookie

@RokuDanny-R I am having the same issue. My Onn Roku tv was hooked to my wifi and now it will not. I have tried everything previously discussed in this post it does not work.

Device model:100012589

Serial number: YKOOSW697388

Device ID: LD502S697388

Software OS Version: 9.3.0•build 4194-AN

Issue started on 9/14/2020

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@ChrystalToone 

Thanks for the information.

I have passed it along to the appropriate team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Tags (1)
Real_Maverick
Reel Rookie

Same issue with my brand new 32" Onn TV.  Connects to my Hotspot but not my home network.   Everything else connects to my home network,  just not this junky TV.  And yes,  tried everything in this and other threads... even exchanged the tv from the box store I purchased it from and still have the issue.   Update the firmware!!!

ChrystalToone
Reel Rookie

@barnard1964 

Thanks but, I don't have USB hooked to my TV

0 Kudos
Cayote1058

Mine won't scan four the internat at all it does not find eney internat

0 Kudos
Prayr

Re: Cannot connect internet to 50" Onn Roku TV?

I have 3 identical 50" ONnn Roku TV's purchased all the same day from the same location. NONE of them will stay connected to my home network. I can connect my XBOX and PS4 sitting right by one of them and they both connect to the network just fine and the TV says it can't even find the network!! Have you guys used the utmost cheapest WIFI card you could possibly get to put in these TV's? I have a signal meter on my tablet and can walk all over the house and have full bars of home network in any room, including standing right next to each TV and they drop off the network all the time, and now they wont even find the network!!!!!! Come on man!!

Shy29

Found a solution!

I have had the same issue I keep having to factory rest the tv and then it will connect to wifi I hate it everytime I turn it off it does the samething but atleast it work after factory resetting the tv in the settings but then u have to re log into all your apps hulu. Netflix ect. But does work that way just an Inconvenience. SCROLL to settings on your tv then scroll to SYSTEM  then scroll to ADVANCED SYSTEM SETTINGS then click FACTORY REST then scroll to FACTORY REST EVERYTHING and it will work after all that it's easy to do just annoying 

0 Kudos
dinbinz12

This product is horrible. Under a year and it refuses to connect to the internet although it shows it at full strength under available networks. I’ve reset the TV multiple times along with the router to no avail. Don’t waste your money on such a mediocre product. The warranty doesn’t mean anything either. Extremely unsatisfied 

0 Kudos

I was able to fix this.   First of all, I tried every option listed on the internet...cache clearing, factory reset, "secret" menu option changes, etc....
I finally decided my wifi card in the tv must be bad, so i took it apart to get the model number.  On a whim, I decided to plug it back in to see if a power disconnection like that would "reset" things, and IT DID!  
Now, one or twice a year, the internet goes out on my tv (40H4C+) and I have to take off the back of the tv, unplug and replug back in the card to make it work.    Super annoying but it gets the job done. 
here's an image in case you wonder what the wifi card looks like.  

0 Kudos