Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ls1015
Reel Rookie

Can't update, connect via wi-fi or update manually

Good evening.  I have a TLC Roku TV 5133X TLC model 32S3750 Software version: 10.0.0 build 4193-08

I cannot get this tv to work and connect to wi-fi.  I have tried to reset it to factory settings and it will not even attempt to connect to wi-fi.  When I scan for wi-fi, it scans for wireless network but states " no network found.  Ensure your TV is within range of the wireless router.  Thinking this is related to a software issue, I have tried to update software manually via usb.  I have used tvupdate.roku.com but it when i run update via usb, it says Contents of the update file is invalid.  Please try again.  I have reformatted usb and reverified download software with no success.  I would appreciate any help me to guide me through this process.  Please help.  TIA. 

14 REPLIES 14

Re: Can't update, connect via wi-fi or update manually

I thought my issue was bad. Yours is worse. Sorry. Hope someone helps us. Roku support is not working.

RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hi @ls1015

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community.

Could you try connecting your TV via ethernet and then let us know if you'll be able to update your software? Please also reply here with your TCL Roku TV serial number and device ID. Both can be found in Settings > System > About.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
ls1015
Reel Rookie

Thank you so much for your response.  It does not have an ethernet port.  I tried using an ethernet to USB adapter but did not have success.  SN: 2N003A950875 Device ID: 8GN043950875 

Thanks Kariza

0 Kudos
Bubba23
Reel Rookie

I am also having the same issue can someone help?

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hello @Bubba23

Thanks for the post.

We do not have enough details from your original message to make an effective suggestion. Could you tell us more about your concern?

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
ls1015
Reel Rookie

Good evening,

What specific information do you need?  I have provided all the details in the previous posts.  Can you tell me what information you need specifically please.  Thanks

0 Kudos
Bubba23
Reel Rookie

I can not get my tcl roku tv to connect to the internet. I have tried to factor reset it but nothing. The tv is a 5133x model # 332S3750 serial is 2n00ac468290 and device is 8gn04a468290

I can't get it to update it either

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @Bubba23

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community.

We'd like to gather more information about the issue you're running into. A few questions here to better understand what you're experiencing:

- Is there any error message when trying to connect? 
- May we know whether Roku is detecting the network?
- Have you tried moving the device closer to your router to see if you can get connected?

We recommend checking out our Support page for troubleshooting issues here: How to connect your Roku® streaming device to the internet using Wi-Fi® or Ethernet

Keep us posted so we can better help you further.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
Bubba23
Reel Rookie

It's not even locating our internet

0 Kudos