Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ls1015
Reel Rookie

Re: Can't update, connect via wi-fi or update manually

No error messages.  It briefly searches for signal for like 1-3 seconds when i try to setup the network.  It quickly returns to the last screen. It is not detecting any networks.   I have had it size by side to the router but no luck so far.  Please help.  Thanks 

0 Kudos
Greg1888
Reel Rookie

I am having a similar problem. Roku TV 5147X Model 32S301-W, Serial # 2N006K384531.  The scan for wireless shows our network with excellent signal strength. Speed at the TV is 586 Mbps.  I cannot connect to the wireless network.  For days before that I could connect to the network but not the internet.  The software version is outdated and since I have a computer nearby I have tried to update by USB.  I have proceeded to the point where the website is givinig me a six digit response code that I have entered on my TV.  The Message I am getting is: "Response code is invalid. Please try again."

What do we do next.

0 Kudos
Greg1888
Reel Rookie

On my third try updating Roku operating system starting from the beginning of the instructions where you identify the TV brand, I used a new USB drive. The name and extension of the file copied to the USB were "update.roku"  This time everything worked and the operating system on the TV updated within a few seconds.  I was then able to sign on to my network and get everything going again. 

0 Kudos
Zhgaan

This is clearly a big issue from Roku or TCL or both. I knew there was a catch..

Can't connect to the internet even when it says connection successful. Did a factory reset. Now it says unable to update. Error 003. I tried to go into the System Operations Menu and did a reboot, still same issue. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Zhgaan,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that you are having an issue with your Roku device and receiving an error code of 003.

As a first step, you may also try connecting to an alternate wireless network to install the update, then when successful switch back to the Home network.

If you are still seeing this specific error on the screen, there are a few things you can do to help. Use these links from our Roku Support for fast troubleshooting steps: What to do if your Roku streaming device is unable to update software | Official Roku Support

If the steps provided by the Support page still aren't helping, please reply back and we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos