Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Qleth92
Channel Surfer

Re: Cable Box connected. I can't change channels.

I already have the manual. The issue is that they aren't programmable for Onn/Roku TVs. 

0 Kudos
Strega2
Roku Guru

Is this the box??? Motorola HD-DTA100u:

https://www.mediacomcable.com/assets/pdf/installation_guides/M731-22873-HD-DTA-Setup-Guide-Motorola-...

It looks much like one of the boxes I’ve set up for my parents.  In that case, I plugged their TV into it, set the TV to the right HDMI input, programmed the DTA box remote to control power and volume on the TV.  But channel changes were working even before I had done that since they were happening in the box, not the TV. 

On page 9 of the manual I linked above, it says that once you have set up the remote to control the TV, the remote will have 4 keys that control the TV: TV power, volume +, volume -, and Mute.  (Notice the complete lack of anything about channels - because those happen in the box - not the TV - but via the box's remote.)  However, you may have something different.

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos
Qleth92
Channel Surfer

First of all. Please stop acting as if I haven't read the manual.

Again none of the codes listed work for Onn/Roku TVs. 

I've gone online and looked to see if there was any kind of update or code that would work for it. There isn't. 

Neither the Box nor the TV changes the channels. So either way it doesn't matter.

0 Kudos
Strega2
Roku Guru

The reference to the manual was for me.

There is basically no way for someone to help someone across the internet with a problem of getting two pieces of equipment working together without being on the same page as to what the equipment is and how it interfaces. Many threads on support forums go like: 1) Unspecific statement of problem. 2) Request for information. 3) Thread ends – hopefully the poster figured it out.

For getting updated codes in your remote, you’ll need to talk to the remote provider and/or use two remotes until that happens.

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.