Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ars

How to fix TCL Roku TV with black screen

Jump to solution

Got a 75s425-75” 4K Roku HDTV Four months ago and while watching tv the screen went black while sound was still playing. We unplugged and plugged back in, we used the so called factory reset (hit the home button 5 times, up arrow once, rewind twice and forward twice) we can tell it rebooted but nothing changed.

When unplugged and plugged back in the screen showed the red Roku background for a split second but it was out immediately, it was more like a flash. This Tv is only 4 months old. I submitted the problem on the Roku website with a copy of my receipt, they say expect a response within 48 hours. I purchased it at Nebraska furniture in Dallas, Tx area.

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Black screen tcl roku tv

Jump to solution

@ars 

Thanks for the inquiry.

As @Tivoburkee mentioned, have you tried contacting TCL support yet to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty or repair services for their products running the Roku OS.

You can reach them here: https://support.tclusa.com/televisions or at 1-877-300-8837.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

Some Community users have reported that they unplugged their Roku TV for 5-10 minutes then plugged it back in and the issue was resolved. We would recommend trying that to see if that resolves the issue you are seeing.

If you are still experiencing an issue, we would suggest contacting TCL to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS. 

You can reach them via website here, or at 1-877-300-8837.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
215 REPLIES 215
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

If  there is anything wrong with TCL tv, you either take it up with  the place you purchased it, or with TCL. Not roku who only furnished the UI on TCL made tv.

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@ars 

Thanks for the inquiry.

As @Tivoburkee mentioned, have you tried contacting TCL support yet to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty or repair services for their products running the Roku OS.

You can reach them here: https://support.tclusa.com/televisions or at 1-877-300-8837.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Kaivika
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Bought my TV in 2016 it's nice but last year I noticed it was flashing black screen then go to normal and now it's just gone a shade of black. I've factory reset it did no good 15836978521376045025937531069692.jpg

Build 4805

@RokuDanny-R wrote:

@ars 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Thanks,
Danny

0 Kudos
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Kaivika Thanks for the note here. You'll want to contact your Roku TV manufacturer for more help with that type of issue. You can locate their contact information here: https://community.roku.com/t5/Manufacturer-Support-Warranty-Resources/Contacting-Support-for-Your-Ro...

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
walidgo247

Jump to solution

Hello,

I was wondering if your tv problem is fixed by now since I have the same exact problem with mine.

It would be a great share of your experience since me and my Tv is in the parts unknown if the world to get support.

Thanks 

russkz
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

fyi this is an all too frequent problem with TCl tvs - the led back lights  fail  My tv lasted 15 months so out of warranty.  if you check on line this is a huge issue..  Bc of the loss of my roku tv i no longer use the platform and frankly i am hesitant to purchase another roku tv bc clearly they are not ensuring that manufactures that lhey license to are quality products with proper support    I get that they are not  at fault for the bad tv but they are in a position of influence and should  insist on certain standards  like say the tv sets should  with normal use last longer than a year or 2 yrs.  There is just no way a quality tv with normal wear and tear should fail so often for  the same reason - led backlights.   one has to conclude it is a defect in the tv and TCL should be accountable instead they act like they never heard of anyone having the problem.  Shady#TCL55s405

Marisa115

Jump to solution

I have the same problem, changed out tCon angel and power panel. It’s only 20 months old and TCL says it depends on use, that I must have used it to much? I also have a Vizio that’s 5 years old with NO issues and a Westinghouse that is 4 years old with NO issues.
Now I’m stuck with a broken Roku TV same del mentioned above, and Roku speakers that only connect to a Roku TV. I found 96 complaints about this TV on BBB website.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@russkz @Marisa115 

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried contacting TCL support yet to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
russkz
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hello Danny,

I have contacted TCL and they claim the problem is not an issue with the  TV and it was just a few months over a year and therefore out of warranty and they would do nothing.  That is kind of my point they are claiming it is not an issue they hear about often which is clearly not true.  A quick check onlline  illustrates the problem is common.  TV sets are expected to function well past one or two years, Roku has an excellent product and really needs to set a much higher standard for the companies that they license their product to.  I purchased a Samsung tv and although I miss Roku platform  the entire experience with TCL TV has left me uninclined to purchase a roku tv or device as a matter of principle.