Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Desertstop
Reel Rookie

Re: Black screen tcl roku tv

Jump to solution

The same thing just happened to me. Screen went dark but the sound stayed on. I unplugged to reset and it worked for a day, then happened again today. I called TCL tech support and went through all of these steps. No luck. I've only had the TV for a month so it is still under warranty. Tech support is sending a new control board to a repair shop to come fix my TV. They were very helpful, but it will take about two weeks to get this completed. Fingers crossed.

0 Kudos
bmc98nu
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the answer is going to be......."Have you tried contacting TCL support yet to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS. 

You can reach them here: https://support.tclusa.com/televisions or at 1-877-300-8837."

0 Kudos
Nydene
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Our TCL 55 Roku tv crapped out last week- black screen but audio was fine. We tried every reset suggestion on the web. Our tv is only 3 years old. For TCL to brag they are the biggest seller is a total sham. Too many of us as consumers have the same complaint about the picture blacking out and TCL couldn’t care less. Don’t buy their products anymore and maybe they will be accountable and fix the backlight defect. As senior citizens, we don’t have $400 to plunk down on a tv every couple of years. We are now using my mothers older 31” Vizio TV and it’s wonderful! So we bought a 65” Vizio a few days ago. NO MORE TCL. Or should I say Total Consumer Letdown.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Nydene 

Thanks for the post.

Some Community users have reported that they unplugged their Roku TV for 5-10 minutes then plugged it back in and the issue was resolved. We would recommend trying that to see if that resolves the issue you are seeing.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Nosupport
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Roku has terrible customer service. [post edited]

ErikS
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

My 55" TCL Roku tv Model 55S405 stopped working/screen went black after about 20 months.  The manufacturer TCL said they would replace it however they are now going back on their word since the place I purchased it, Target, has updated their inventory system and since they no longer carry that model number they are unable to provide me with the correct receipt.  I have the original order email however that is not sufficient for warranty claim and the receipt Target provided shows an incorrect model number due to their merch system changing.  So frustrating!! Surely a TV this expensive should last at least 2 years.  #TCLROKUTV

Patrick-M
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Save you phone bill. They know nothing and a waste of time. At least that was my experience. TV less than two years old and failed. It's only good for the scrap pile. I found why their warranty is only good for a year. That's about their life expectancy.

Patrick-M
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I had the same experience. Less than two years old. I will never buy another TCL product. They know what their tvs are worth with the life expectancy of only a bit over a year.

Patrick-M
Channel Surfer

Re: Re red logo page screen flash then black ?

Jump to solution

Wasting your time with TDL support.

Icyflower

Jump to solution

Black screen on my roku TCL TRIED EVERYTHING NOT TWO YEARS OLD EVEN, GUESS I'LL BUY SAMSUNG NEXT