Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DomVau

Audio compression issue on all apps

Hello,

I've just started noticing an audible crackling accompanying media coming through the Roku. It was working fine one moment then it wasn't.

This issue is isolated to the Roku, as other audio input works fine.

Issue tracking id: TR-275-454

Roku Streaming Stick (3800 series) 

JCV cast TV LT-49MA875

onn. 3.1 Atmos Soundbar - Virtual

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
DomVau

Re: Audio compression issue on all apps

Issue spread to other inputs, different issue. This post can be ignored I suppose.

0 Kudos
brianbrown

0 Kudos
brianbrown

I have the same issue.  Audio leveling/compression completely stopped working (with no settings change) after firmware/software update circa. July 2024.

0 Kudos
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @brianbrown.

We're interested in learning more about the problem you're experiencing with the Audio Leveling Compression feature on your Roku and would be glad to investigate it further. 

For us to be able to proceed with the investigation, we require additional details on your concern:

• What external devices are connected to your TV? Is it a Roku Streambar or a Non-Roku Wireless Speaker? 
  • Do you have an option to change the settings on Your TV to adjust the Audio leveling
  • Can you also provide the latest software version of your Roku? 
  • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, try power cycling your Roku. To do it, unplug the Roku from the power source, then plug it back in after a few seconds to see if it improves your current situation.

We are looking forward to your response. 

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.